SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vdinli

Bassett sofa q's

vdinli
17 years ago

I have been lurking on this forum for quite sometime and have learnt a lot! Thank you!

DH and I are in the market for a reasonably priced sofa-loveseat- not our 'forever' pieces, just something that will last 7-10yrs till our baby grows up. I like a bassett sofa and loveseat combination(linked below) from their factory direct store. However, I am having second thoughts after reading reviews on this forum.

Here's the deal. The pieces have hardwood frames and eightway (not hand)tied springs. The cushions are dacron-wrapped. There is a lifetime warranty on the frame and cushions and a five yr warranty on the springs. The cushions and pillows have removable covers but most of the fabrics they have are solvent clean(S) only. However, they sell a Guardian protection program that covers stains, tears and rips for 5 yrs. I like the style of the sofa(very different) and its quite comfortable to sit on. We could even find fabrics that we liked, sort of.

Does this sound like a good deal for a set priced under 3k? Is there something inherently wrong with Bassett sofas? What other questions/concerns should I be raising? Would I get a similar style but better quality set for under 3K?

Any comments, experiences or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Vinaya

Here is a link that might be useful: Bassett Sofa I like

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths