SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Lord Daniel's back at UCSF

golddust
14 years ago

We think it's temporary. Maybe a blocked ileostomy. Backed potato peels, even.

I dropped by Sandy's yesterday with Pesky's card. I checked my mail on the way out and since I was going to be in her area, I gave Sandy a call. "Are you home?"

(Of course she was or she would not have answered her phone.) "Can I drop off a card?" I could tell by the way she answered something was up. I know her voice too well.

She met me outside (unusual because she doesn't usually answer her door for me). "What's wrong?" Seems her DH caught the flu and now Daniel is sick. He's been off all pain killers for over a week. I just gave him some. He's hurting. "Maybe you should take him in." Well, he may have just caught what Bob has and the hospital may not be the best. I'm waiting to see hat his medication does."

So we sat outside for a short visit. Soon Daniel walked out with a dutch oven pan in his hands and he was brilliant pink. He had tears in his eyes so I asked,

"Dee, do you think you need to go to the hospital?" He shook his head yes. I turned to my Sandy and said (in front of Daniel) "Sandy, he knows his body and we've been wrong every other time. If he thinks he needs to go to the hospital, then he just does." OK, we'll get ready. " Well, I'm leaving so you can. I love you both. Dee, I'm not hugging you, just in case it's the flu. I trust you when it comes to your body, so get ready to go now."

Our local hospital transferred him right out. Sandy and Daniel are back at UCSF. He is sharing a room with another young man his same age (Don't know his story, except he's been there 2 weeks and he is nice).

We're hoping he has a plug that will resolve itself. Three, what do you think? Baked potato skins maybe just too much?

Comments (29)