SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

Help on dining table! Target vs. Pottery Barn?

laurensmom21
16 years ago

I'm kind of a newbie here so I'd love any advice. We just built a new house and I'm in the market for several pieces of furniture. I've been searching for a dining table now for 2 years and today we saw the PB's new Harvest Table which is $999 http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p9181/index.cfm?pkey=cfurdintbl

It is very nice and I like the distressed look, but I read that it is made out of mdf w/ 'oak veneers'.

Then I saw this extension table on Target's website for $195 (plus another 15% off that!) It's listed as solid rubberwood. Does anyone have any experience with rubberwood furniture? I can get the Target table plus 4 chairs for $525 SHIPPED or spend over $1k for the PB table and still need some chairs. We do have 2 kids under the age of 4 with one more on the way so this table will take a beating.

Does anyone have any experience ordering furniture from Target? I love the PB look, but hate spending that kind of money if it's not even real wood... Does anyone have any other recommendations for nice sturdy wood dining tables?

thanks so much for your help! It's frustrating shopping for furniture online when I can't touch & feel it. ugh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Target table

Comments (12)