SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toria7

Mohawk Smart Strand vs. Shaw Resista Soft Spoken Supreme

toria7
13 years ago

It appears that SmartStrand carpet is a favorite of this forum. I have been comparing it with Shaw's Resista Soft Spoken Supreme. I have been told that Resista is also a polymer and is comparable to SmartStrand. I like the softness of the SmartStrand Intelligent Choice, but the Resista Soft Spoken Supreme is also soft and seems to be a thicker carpet than the SmartStrand Intelligent Choice. Does anyone know if there is an actual difference between the fiber content and particularly if Resista is just as resistant to pet stains as SmartStrand is supposed to be? The Resista seems to be a bit lower in price but not by much. (about $.50/sq ft). Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Toria

Comments (3)

• echoflooring
    13 years ago

I do not know what resista is, but I will find out tomorrow. We are Central PA largest shaw dealer, and I never heard of it. It is not a polymer like Smartstrand. Shaw sells against Smartstrand with their Anso Nylon. For the record, Anso nylon off of Shaws new colorwall will compare with Smartstrand cost. For me ist is actually a little bit lower in cost. It has many features better than the smart strand. 1st of all it is a 50 year time tested BCF Nylon..it is in Softbac Form, Has lifetime stain included pet urine and has the absolute best warranty in the business. sounds ridiculous but if you place triple touch cushion under it, the texture retention warranty bloats to 40 years. I stock Smartstrand and it is a good product. Well sell a lot of it..but for my home, it would still be a nylon.Mohawk is now pushing the weardated style of Nylon. One thing that bothers me with Smartstrand is that they show bleach as a stain remover on their display, they actually show a stain removed with it...yet if you use the bleach it voids the carpet warranty. That just bugs me about the product a little. But they are both good products, smartstrand is the softer of the two. will know tommorrow what this resista is. I am guessing that it is Shaws Cleartouch Carpet under a private label. I am sure that's what it is. Now if that is the case, and you want soft...I would go Anso colorwall 1st, then Smartstrand 2nd...

Everything else falls way down the list..and we sell them all...

• gigabit
    13 years ago

I have been researching Mohawk Smart Strand carpet too for our lake home. I found Mohawk has a SmartStrand carpet test going on at the Womens World Tennis tournaments. I think it is on YouTube too,

Here is a link that might be useful: Mohawk SmartStrand carpet test

• SmartArtz Gallery
    3 years ago

Doing a high end Reno in melb
    What carpet recommendations pls

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts