SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanie212

TV is on the wall-where to put receiver/dvd player/cable box

joanie212
16 years ago

Is anyone else having trouble finding something to put their audio components in now that the TV is on the wall? I've been looking everywhere for a piece of furniture that I can modify to hold these items. I'd prefer to stay away from the "built in cabinets next to the fireplace" look and instead repurpose a piece of furniture. However, our audio installer said we really need at least 20" for depth and alot of the sideboards/cabs are 15-17" in depth. Several pieces are also too wide and short. They are designed for putting the TV on top. I'm looking for 42-46 wide and up to 40" high. We just redid our kitchen and put in awesome nat cherry. We have hickory wood floors in the family room and a drystack slate fireplace/TV above with a limestone mantel and hearth. I'd love to incorporate a limestone top on the storage piece or even granite. I know some cab makers have cabs that look like furniture. Anyone have pictures of how they've stored these components? Appreciate any ideas or suggestions. ps: would also love to incorporate the drystack slate somehow. Perhaps balance the other side with a place for wood and fire pokers?

Comments (4)