SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltlfromgardenweb

Minwax Provincial on Red Oak

ltlfromgardenweb
9 years ago

Hi All, I just wanted to share some pics of my floors in progress. When I was trying to decide on a color I found real peoples' photos far more helpful than those little color swatches. So I'm attaching some pics.

First is the flooring Before. It was a dark stain when we bought the house and as you can see it was in bad shape.

Also, not pictured, we redid our kitchen and we had them put in red oak there as well. I should've taken a picture of that because of course the brand new wood was much pinker and not the same shade at all as the old.
So here's a picture of the sanding process. That's when the old stain really looked dark to me, when I had the natural wood to compare it to.

Here's the samples. Provincial, the one I chose, is on the Left:

Here's how it looks today. They still have one more coat of polyurethane to put down.

Anyway I'll put up a final pic after they're done but I wanted people to be able to see how Minwax Provincial looks for me since that was the thing I found the most helpful.

Also, although it seems most GWers like Satin finish, I chose Semi-Gloss. My floor refinisher said only the last coat is going to be semi-gloss so we won't see until later on how shiny it will end up being. I have to say I wouldn't mind it looking shinier than it is now. I'll add another pic of the final product in a few days if anyone's interested.

Comments (3)