SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lgiorgi

thomasville furniture disappointing, any remorse?

17 years ago

I have a Thomasville living room set. All peices were purchased seperatly. The tables had to be exchanged 3 times. The quality of the finish is terrible. It sure looks different than what was in the store. You can not touch the top or you scratch the finish. I mean lightly to. Ok let's get to the couches. I paid 2000 for each couch. Did I love the way they looked? Yes! Only thing is they had to be exchanged because the construction of the frame was defective. When they went to reorder them for me they discontinued them. Now I have a room I spent money on curtains and marble and all the little extras to tie in the couches. They told me they were going to change the name of the couch and introducing it again in 6 months to a years. Maybe less. Did I want to wait? Of course I said yes. Finally they had the new couch on display in the store with all the NEW inners.... I sat on it and it was sagging already. When you sat down your knees came up to your neck. They told me to reorder a different type of couch. I did. The rushmore. The cushions on that couch don't even touch each other. It looks like 3 different sections. By the way the new couches cost me $2,500 each. I was shocked they made me pay the difference. I hate my furniture. My living room looks like a whore house. You would think that after paying 7,000 for a living room set it would look half way decent. I could of went to levits and got 7 rooms of furniture. Yes they did change the furniture but it still is not constructed like it should be. I was embarassed to complain again. I really don't think I can do anything about it. What should I do? Lynn

Comments (15)