SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Say a prayer--I'm about to use some Ardex-self leveler!!

Janice
15 years ago

Our neighbor was gracious to come over and work on the hump in the middle of our concrete slab and

he got it mostly down enough!

However, there are still some inequities in the overall flooring and my husband made the

decision to go with what I have read up on here and the Ardex products for self-leveling!

At the most, there could be almost 3/8" fill in one area about 1' x 2' with the majority in the 1/8-1/4' range!

We are only addressing about 1/3 of our 247 ft. slab. The rest of the area I feel confident I can handle with

the Henry's pro-patch!

I just finished putting the primer on the floor with a small push broom, and I tried to make sure I left no

significant puddles. I'm thinking I might recoat it in

about 2 1/2 hours!

Would that be overkill?

Any last minute tips for me? I have a squeegee on a pole and I'll tackle the leveling tomorrow morning, Lord willing!!!

I sure hope this does the trick!! Looking for more flat areas--not necessarily level all over the room but the two sides

do drop off too much from the center!

We're trying to come up with a surface for laminate flooring, and hopefully some day down the road, wood flooring!

We got such a deal, (last July) on the Armstrong Swiftlock we have stacked and waiting installation! It seems to be

a very good product and compared to the stuff they have out this year, it looks superior! The newer Swiftlock have a

thinner tonge and groove and definitely can be pretty easily scratched!! The stuff we have has a fairly substantial

T & G and I've yet to be able to scratch it enough with a screw driver to see any damage!

Why would they come out with what appears to be an inferior product like that compared to that which they have replaced?

It does have a 30 yr. warranty, and the stuff we got last year has only a 25 yr. warranty--can't figure out why the differences.

Gosh, I'm tired!! I just want to be done!!! ;op

Comments (25)