SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hdmg

Bedroom furniture/Amish furniture

hdmg
14 years ago

We are in the process of beginning our search for some dressers/chest of drawers/door chests for our 2 daughters who are 8 and 10. They are not too hard on furniture and need some new ones with more space. We live in North Carolina (Charlotte area)and a couple of years ago went to Hickory for another furniture search and ran across an Amish store. We absolutely fell in love with the quality of that furniture. We bought a bench made out of 100 yr old reclaimed barn wood and absolutely love it. We do see that the furniture there is quite expensive but love the thought of solid wood furniture that is sturdy enough to withstand the test of time and use actually be taken by our daughters to their own homes when they are grown.

My question is, does anyone have any recommendations for quality wood furniture in the NC area (even Charlotte area would be nice, but could travel to Hickory/High Point)that would not break the bank? We looked at Ethan Allen and I found a door chest that seemed perfect and of course they are not cheap either. But I have also seen unfavorable reviews about them. Any comments?

Anyone ordered Amish furniture online?

Thanks for your help!!

Comment (1)