SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freedee_gw

Please, stop me if this is a big mistake.

freedee
17 years ago

OK. So here's the situation, and the plan. I have a dead-line of a party and I need my powder room done before then. The field tile I need is available right away but, the accent tile might not get here on time. I plan on setting the field tile and use a piece of plywood as a spacer for the acceent tile, and do the accent tile latter. I could put a small area rug over the plywood for the party. I could even attach it to the plywood for safety. I realize that this will be more work, but my alternative is to not have the tile that I want for ever. There is the possibility that it will arrive on time, but it's not certain.

The material I will use is Moroccan tile. It's the glazed, soft, clay kind. It's not painted with a design, the design is formed by cutting and piecing the color tiles together. (It's delivered on mesh, like mosaics.) These are 1/2inch thick, hand made tiles. I realize the accent tiles might not be the exact measuement, I can deal with a larger grout line around the accent, if neccesary. What do you think?

Comments (3)