SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

Bamboo strand from Costco for kitchen (plus)??

Ilene Perl
12 years ago

Hi, When we decided to update our kitchen I wanted a bamboo floor. We were going to pull up my vinyl floor and sub floor since the my Kitchen cabinet and refrigerator top are so close but was told my sub floor is a "thick piece of wood", thought to be there to level the floor, it was suggested not to touch it. The adjoining rooms are oak floors which were built with the house in the 60's. While looking for a bamboo strand floor I saw one at Costco. The natural color bamboo will blend in with my other floors, and will look nice with my oak/tile table which we are keeping for a couple of years. So, my question is, has anyone had experience with their floor? Any information will be helpful. Am also thinking of putting same in laundry room/mud room which is a step down from kitchen on a cement slab, with vinyl/plywood on top. We use this as an entrance from the pool in the summer, so will probably put a carpet runner when pool is open. Any and all thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. Does anyone know how a vinyl stick floor is for a laundry room?

Comments (7)