SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsgs_gw

Vanguard Furniture buyers BEWARE!

gsgs
14 years ago

I bought a very expensive slipcovered sofa (made by VANGUARD FURNITURE in North Carolina) from Domain Home Furnishings in Massachusetts several years ago and was told there was a "lifetime warranty" on the frame, cushions, etc. via the manufacturer's warranty. The slipcover disintegrated gradually after ONE dry cleaning (no warranty on this from Vanguard)then within one year, the seat cushions became lumpy, uneven, and uncomfortable. I'm a single adult and this sofa got limited use.

Domain went bankrupt last year but I called before this happened and they said to contact Vanguard for free cushion replacements.

I just got around to calling Vanguard and was kept on hold indefinitely so hung up, called back, got one recorded message after another, then tried again the next day. Same thing... I never got a live person and the operater was obnoxious and rude. I gave up and emailed them and never got a response.

I called again, got the same rude operator and explained I wanted a LIVE person to speak to and she connected me to a "Laurie Hoover" who said she was the supervisor. I told Laurie my cushions were falling apart and she said, "where did you buy the sofa?" and when I said "Domain," she snidely said, "we don't cover warranties if the store goes out of business." She was abrupt, rude, and OBNOXIOUS when I asked WHY Vanguard refused to honor THEIR OWN warranty just because Domain (or any store) goes out of business which should have NOTHING to do to with the sofa warranty since THEY manufactured it, she refused to answer. She refused to replace the cushions and said that was Vanguard's policy, period. I asked who the CEO was and was told his name is John Bray. Laurie then said that SHE was an owner of Vanguard also. Woe to consumers who buy a Vanguard product if SHE'S an owner!

Vanguard is making a sofa for PRESIDENT OBAMA and I hope he gets treated better if he needs warranty coverage!

I've never dealt with a company so rude and obnoxious and will NEVER buy anything made by Vanguard again. No matter where you buy a sofa or chair, please look at the manufacturer's tag and if it says "VANGUARD" avoid it like the plague. Unless you want to be treated like garbage by Laurie and crew.

Comments (15)