SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tahl_gw

fyi, dc area shoppers: mastercraft interiors declares bankruptcy

tahl
17 years ago

This past week, Mastercraft Interiors filed for bankruptcy. I was shocked. They have several stores in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia, and are a major source in the region for mid- to high-end traditional brands (Stickley, Drexel Heritage, many others). According to a local TV station, this could be bad news for shoppers awaiting delivery of partially- or wholly-paid-for orders, especially if past payments were not made by credit card.

Here's the Washington Post story on the bankruptcy.

Comments (2)

• ffxjack
    17 years ago

I've been waiting 2 pieces and they told me just last Monday, they were planning a delivery later this wk and I could pay the balance on my credit card. The delivery guys came but then said I needed the balance in cashier's check or cash and wouldn't leave the furniture. Supposedly, someone will contact me about rescheduling but I'm not holding my breath.

I can't believe it but this is the second furniture store to go bankrupt on us after we placed a deposit. Didn't get a cent back last time, since customers are always last in the creditor list.

• pammyfay
    17 years ago

Yup, those delivery guys were probably told to collect in cash because their company had not been paid yet. And they certainly didn't intend to get on the creditor list, because you know how that turns out.

A store or two advertised in the Post on Saturday saying they'd help people with Mastercraft orders, but I don't know to what extent.