SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestyears_gw

A Wood Floor that will Look Good Beside Braz.Cherry

bestyears
15 years ago

We have our family room, dining room and hall done in a 3-inch, glossy brazillian cherry. We're redoing the kitchen now and have really wanted to put wood in there, but because our BC floor shows everything, and particularly the scratches we've incurred, we had given up on putting a wood floor in the kitchen. (the BC floor doesn't scratch a lot, but where it has, the scratches are really, really noticeable).

This weekend I was back in the floor store to check out some options suggested to me in another floor post. And I had an 'aha' moment thanks to the floorgirl! She pointed out to me the different wood floors that had been installed there in the store -about 20. While the BC and some lookalikes definately showed scratches, almost all of the other floors looked almost new! So we have decided that we can have wood in the kitchen afterall, just not BC. I'll take a few extra pieces of our existing floor to the store to help narrow down the search, but I wondered if anyone had recommendations that I could specifically look at. Of course I'll bring samples home.

So my question is, what floor would look really great beside the existing BC? The BC in the family room borders the kitchen, running parallel to a five-foot opening along the wall dividing the two rooms. Should we stick with the 3-inch planks? What wood species might look best with it? We definately want matte in the kitchen. If you have a specific floor that you love for its durability and think that might look good with the BC, I would love to hear about it. The family room butts up to the kitchen in an open doorway about 5 feet across, and also in another door-sized doorway.

Thank you so much!

(cross-posted to the HomeDec Forum)

Comments (11)