SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginnynashville

Highest Quality Laminate Flooring

ginnynashville
13 years ago

Hello all. This is my first time using this forum. Show me the love! =) No, I have been a sneak stalker here for many years, but have finally decided to get in on the action. We are hardwood floor people. If you told me I was going to install laminate into a room of my home 2 months ago, I would have laughed. Yes, I am sort of a snob. =)

New room - attached to new separate from home garage. Slab poured last winter, initially attempted concrete acid staining (didn't clean it sufficiently first), but they did a horrible job so now we are covering it. Use for room - sitting/resting sun room with exercise equipment (including heavy treadmill and weight machine). Not below grade, but it will be directly on concrete slab. In an area where soil remains fairly saturated, but big hill behind this building with water running downwards, therefore good drainage.

Looking for feedback on selection thus far and information on other brands that I am having a difficult time researching.

I ONLY like the individual plank beveled edges and ends types of laminate. We have like the colors of: Armstrong Hartford Maple Natrual (AC 3), Armstrong Desert Tan (AC 5), Bruce Maple Select (AC 3), Bruce Noguera Walnut (AC 3). I know that Armstrong is a a big American name company. It is easy to research them due to a great website. I have looked into highly rated Quick-Step, but do not like any of the designs =( I want to like them and have tried to like them, but alas, I do not. Same goes for Columbia and Mannington. Some of the actual colors were fine, but the didn't meet the individually beveled/micro cut borders of individual planks.

So, I found the display called "CAROLINA LIFESTYLES", and I really like the styling of them and the built in padding for sound barrier. However, I can not find anything about them as far as how well they perform, etc. I know that they are made by a European company called Lamett. The display is pretty, but that is all I know. The Lamett website does not show this particular style. Does anyone know the AC ratings of the Carolina Lifestyles? It is soooo pretty, but can't commit to something without being able to research it to death!

Also, does anyone have pictures of their installation of previously mentioned selections?

Thanks! Sorry to ramble!

Comments (4)