SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elysag

Ebony floors -- something other than Minwax

elysag
15 years ago

I am in the middle of my renovation and need to make a floor decision by the middle of next week (3/25/09). I want ebony floors and reading about them on this forum has been helpful but is making my head spin.

My contractor usually uses Minwax but says he will use anything I want. He has never used dye before. From the Minwax samples he gave me, the ebony does not seem like it will be dark enough.

He is using white oak (I told him that it will work better than red oak and he had no problem with that). On the woodworking forum, I found information for General Finishes Dye Stain and Hood Wiping Wood Stain but I am not sure if these can be used for floors or if they are only for furniture The General Finishes website talks about furniture. I was also told about W.D. Lockwood floor dye.

Does anyone have any experience with using any of these products on floors? I am also open to other suggestions.

I posted another message looking for people to post pictures of ebony floors but I cannot find my message now.

Thanks!

Comments (2)