SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheenee_gw

Reupholster leather sofa?

cheenee
10 years ago

I have a beautiful caramel colored Natuzzi sofa & love seat that we bought in 1997. It's our first investment furniture for our first house before we had our child. So there's some sentimental value here. The leather is still in great shape except that the sofa needed padding since the seats have been sunken-in for 1-2 years. There's a small area on the seam, around 4 inches where the thread loosened and needs restitching. Still love the sofa and is our main furniture in the family room (also serves as nap time furniture for my hubby) but I'm wondering if it's a good idea to have the padding/stuffing replaced only or do we need to get a new one? We just happen to look around last weekend to find out what were the going rates of a leather sofa and we definitely could see the difference of good, quality leather (100% leather vs. bonded leather). Any thoughts? Otherwise, if we do get a new one, i still like to find something similar in design of what we have and I realized the color is not common to find. Need your input and expertise!

Comments (9)