SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmarv1951

Friend purchased Natuzzi from Bloomingdale's...

mrsmarv
15 years ago

My question is - how can he tell where it was made? I've heard that Natuzzi is not as well-made as it used to be. He doesn't have much patience for shopping and had his GF go on the shopping excursion with him. They went to various "high-end" stores and to some department stores (Macy's, Bloomingdale's), over the course of 2-3 weekends. The last trip was to Bloomingdale's and we're convinced that he ran out of steam because he ended up purchasing a sofa and loveseat from there. They're both Natuzzi pieces and the color choices were only two, a deep brown and a reddish brown, nothing more. He received delivery of them 1 week after the order, which leads me to believe they were both stock items.

When DH and I visited him this past weekend I took a look at the peices - the cushions were permanently attached to the frame. They could not be removed/turned over. He didn't realize that (WTH???) The frame appears to be made of particle board/plywood, and there are no springs that I could detect. It appears to be some sort of webbing, but short of turning the pieces upside-down and ripping the bottom casing off, I don't know.

Any thoughts? He has 30 days in which to return them, and since he paid a pretty penny for them and if they're less than stellar quality, I have told him that maybe he should consider returning them and looking for something else, preferably USA made. His GF and I have volunteered to do most of the research and legwork for him prior to bringing him around for the final "look see". He needs help LOL.

Comments (32)