SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nchisik

Floors unlevel, must get hardwood b/c child w/ asthma-need ideas!

NMC
14 years ago

Hello!

I am mostly over in the garden forums but I am hoping that the home forums can help me....I am desperate!

My ranch home was built in 1949, and addition was put on in 1970 (previous owners). The floors are EXTREMELY unlevel to say the least. When we purchased the home in 2002 we installed carpet in our best attempt to hide the uneven floors...however you can still tell. Our son, who was a baby back then, is now 8 years old, and has serious allergies and asthma. We are desperately trying to get rid of all of the carpet in order to give him a healthier environment. This has also been suggested by his pediatrician. We are also considering installing radiant floor heating for the same reason.

Moving is not an option as our home is "under water" like so many other people, especially here in Michigan. I have no idea where to start with this project. My husband and I have very little knowledge with this and need someone we can trust. We do not have the funds to "re-do" this job down the road...not to mention who would want to anyway?

Square footage of floor is just under 2000 sq.feet. Any ideas? Isn't this too big of a job for the average floor installer? I am in Milford, Michigan. Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read this....I appreciate it so much!

Comments (8)