SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katy_bug_gw

Advice on insurance for gas heater vs. wood stove vs. fireplace

KH 888
17 years ago

Hello all - My DH and I are in the process of buying a house with a renovation loan to update the kitchen, make the house more efficient, and replace the outdated existing gas heater with a wood stove tied into the existing chimney.

The insurance agent that is involved in this whole mortgage/renovation loan process just called to get the specifics on the renovations that we have in mind. I have no concrete details right now because I haven't met with the contractors yet, but . . . she got kinda icky when I mentioned that we wanted to install a wood stove. She said that gas heaters and wood stove really make insurance agents uneasy and why wouldn't we want to go with a standard fireplace. Well . . . guys check out the picture of the existing gas heater and you tell me what ideas you have or if any of you have had similar experiences with insurance agents.

Thanks a bunch - this is our first home purchase and our first renovation all at the same time. I don't want to do anything to mess this up!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gas Heater

Comments (3)