SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dogwoman24

How do you conceal TV wires over Fireplace?

dogwoman24
14 years ago

Hi All,

We purchased a 55 inch Samsung(6000). I wanted to have it mounted above the fireplace. The reason I choose that spot is because our living room furniture has not been moved around since we moved in (6 years ago). The room is chopped up with the fireplace taking up a wall. The TV over the fireplace will be an ideal solution for us. I read the pros and cons, such as looking up to view, not using both together, etc... My problem is, the Sears installer (who cost $400 lol) says the wires have to be put in a plastic track cover from the TV across the fireplace. IMO that will look tacky. The reason they say it can't be hidden (they actually call that hidden yuck) is because our fireplace is wood burning and because we live in Florida the wall is block. There are no studs, just concrete block then granite bricks. They can hang the TV by drilling into the mortar joints. But then they have no where to conceal the wires. I have the TV and wall mount here but I'm extremely apprehensive about a plastic sleeve running from the TV across half of the fireplace. Any suggestions?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH