SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frank1203

Wood Bedding Frame is longer than my Mattress!

frank1203
16 years ago

Hi - I had a new bedroom set delivered and set up over the weekend and am having an issue with the set up of the bed.

The installers put together my kind size cherry bed which has a headboard; footboard; side rails and braces underneath. When they placed the two kind box-springs and the mattress on the wood frame, it was clear that that the wood bed frame they assembled was longer than the Sealy King mattress/box-spring. The width is perfect, but the length is off. Now, I realize that there has to be a little bit of a size tolerance to account for being able to get your hands in there to make the bed, but this is over a 6" gap!.

I asked the installers about this and they said everything appeared normal from the manufacturer and that I can compensate for this by moving the box-springs/mattress closer to the front (footboard) and to leave the large gap near the front (headboard). Obviously, about half of my pillow has to cover this gap now and it doesn't make for good sleeping.

So - last night I moved things back the other way and now have a huge gap between the mattress and the footboard. A person can actually stand in this gap. So, where do I go from here? This doesn't sound right to me, but I looked at the installation and it appears like it was done correctly.

Is the problem the bed hardware? Could it be installation and I just don't see it? Or could it be the size of the kind size box spring and mattress? I checked to make sure that the new matress was king and not CAL king and it was fine so I doubt the size of the box-spring / mattress are wrong I(but you never know). Is this normal??

I am going to call the furniture store today, but would certainly welcome any opinions or ideas. Thanks.

Comments (31)