SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danibes

Sam's Club Living Laminate Flooring in Heirloom Oak - Review

danibes
15 years ago

I am posting the following review to this site because I have tried to post it to samsclub.com twice and it has never appeared. I researched this product before I bought it and there were only positive reviews but now I wonder how many reviews were not "allowed" onto their site?

We purchased 32 cases of the Heirloom Oak Living Laminate Flooring on 8/23/08. We took our time and installed it during a three-day period. The installation went well. We checked each plank and ended up returning two cases. The returned pieces had either had chipped edges, crushed tongue areas, scratches (often on the top piece in the case) or white lines where the wood image was not applied correctly. Be sure to purchase extra cases. After installing the floor, we started noticing the problems. MANY of the pieces now have missing corners. They must have chipped off after the installation was complete. If you glance at the floor from far away, it looks nice, but if you look at a section for any amount of time, you see them. This is very disappointing! There are also several planks that have tongue areas that I am sure are going to break off in the near future. I can feel the crack in the upper area when I run a cloth over the board to clean it. I researched the issue of chipped corners on the internet and found two possible causes. The first possible cause was installation using the "tap method" when it was not appropriate and the second possible cause was an inferior product. The installation instructions on the back of the box clearly advise using a tapping block to close the joint tightly, so the product must be inferior! This is not what we expected from SamÂs Club. I sent an email to SamÂs Club on 9/11/08 and never got a response. I then contacted customer service via telephone on 10/15/08 and spoke to a very understanding rep. She said she would escalate my complaint and that someone would get back to me. I am still waiting.

I tried to post the above review to samsclub.com on 10/22/08 and it still has not appeared.

Update - it is now December 2008 and the floor has either popped up or spread apart in numerous areas. It just keeps getting worse! I tried to post the review again on 12/30/08 and it still is not there!

I don't know how someone would use the warranty they promise since I can't even get a return call from them.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022