SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swisschardfanatic

We can't find a quality sofa anywhere--help!

Hubby and I have been looking for a quality sofa. What do we mean by that? We mean that the frame will be made of solid wood and/or plywood, NOT chip board or particle board or something like that. We also don't want to see something that is all stapled together; we would like to see the frame built solidly, with actual hardware to hold it together.

Now, what we have seen so far is just chip board or some type of white colored plywood that is unfinished and doesn't look very strong; it looks like pine! Is it pine? If not, what is it? We don't know.

We have been to so many furniture stores it isn't funny. And all we have found is pieces that look great on the outside, but when you look up under them, you find staples and glue and chip board everywhere. We have been to over 10 different furniture stores and found the same thing everywhere, except for one store that sold solid framed sofas, but none of them were comfortable to sit in.

Then, we found out that sofas that are sold as "100% leather" are in fact NOT 100% leather. They are leather ONLY where you sit, but the back and sides are all vinyl.

With this experience, my husband and I have become scared to buy anything and we are frozen in indecision.

We are now wondering if we should build our own couch or have someone build us one, and how much that would cost. Does anyone know?

Ethan Allan in our area closed down, so that's not an option for us.

Help!!!!

Comments (27)