SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Help! Need Ideas for Photo Organization & Storage!!

lynninnewmexico
11 years ago

I'm in the middle of some MAJOR Spring cleaning and have decided that I finally need to do something major with the huge amount of photographs I have stored everywhere in this house{{gwi:807}}. I'm talking about the real deal, not the ones stored on my PC. I seriously have well over 1000 loose photos that I need to do something with . . . and soon! Yesterday I tried to temporarily consolidate them. They filled an 18-gallon storage bin to overflowing!

I need ideas that have worked for you. I have a scanner, but I worry about what to do with the actual photos afterwards. Do you keep yours after scanning them? Throw them away or shred them?

How do you organize your scanned photos? On DVDs? Thumb drives? By year? By events?

Have you made some regular albums to keep as well?

How do you manage pics for your adult kids? Do you make copies for them, too?

Do you keep master copies in your safe deposit box or safe?

I have old photos from my childhood and single girl days. Old photos of my ancestors and of DH's. I have tons of photos from every year for the past 31 years of my marriage. Wonderful pics of the kids and our vacations, etc.

I do have to say that I would be extremely leery of storing all my scanned pics on an internet website, though. I'd worry that the site might disappear or get corrupted, along with all my precious pics.

As you can probably tell by now, I'm pretty overwhelmed and don't know where to start . . . but I do need to start! I'd really appreciate any and all ideas that you might have.
Many thanks!
Lynn

{{gwi:1491575}}

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Fri, Apr 12, 13 at 11:50

Comments (15)