SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ijensen_gw

Removing brick hearth...please help

ijensen
10 years ago

When we first moved in our home we had this brick wall installed to use a wood stove. We later removed the wood stove and installed an unvented propane fireplace/parlor stove. Changed my mind again and installed this Dimplex Electric Fireplace. We would like to reclaim some of the space necessary for the wood stove, but not necessary for this electric fireplace. We have a wood stove in our family room and a propane fireplace in out master suite. I love the wall as it sits at the end of the dining room and don't want to remove it as an accent wall. Any suggestions on how to remove some of the hearth brick without damaging the rest of it. I would like to reconstruct it back with the same design, but just not protruding out in the room so much. I can gain almost 2 additional feet of floor space and need to complete this before the wood flooring is installed.

Thanks for any advise.....I would like to do this myself to save on the cost if possible. My husband and I are pretty advanced DIY'ers.....:)

Comments (7)