Wild_Chicken
19 years ago

Good day!

Comments (54)

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi goils!

BJ--no, I don't, although I have heard of them (where exactly, I don't know). Man! No more periods/cramps/all the other fun stuff that comes with Aunt Flo--gone--where do I sign up??? (No, I'm not making light of your situation, just wishing it was me! (I have always had horrible TOMs--no doctor will do anything--I've tried)) (((((hugs, my wonderful sister!))))) (Oh, and from one who has sculpted for years--don't let anyone critize your work--it is a part of you, and you are much too beatiful to have anyone degrade it. After all, Michangelo was critized, too.)

Raeanne--I didn't mention it b/c i didn't think it would happen. A state director is one of 8/10 people in the state that is one the board of directors that oversees the statewide organization (membership, charties, etc...). I had to make a speech, and then sit there while 3 men were elected. Oh well--maybe later-- :):) (One of the members of the nominating committee that I interviewed with (and who is an auctioneer) told me that I talked too fast. Well--we wouldn't want an auctioneer that does **that** do we???? (insert much eye-rolling here))

Well, a friend that I used to work with and 2 of her other friends went to see "A Tuna Christmas" last night. For those that haven't seen it--run--get thee hence and see it! It's a riot, and the whole play is done by 2 men, and these 2 are just too much--one started laughing during one of his monologues, which got us laughing even harder. I needed that! :)

Things are the same here--nad you know, i'm enjoying every precious minute that I am off. Yeah, the lack of $$$ is lousy, but the perks are wonderful! :):)

Hope all is well wit heveryone--

Hugs,

Maddie

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Hi All,

BJ, I have never heard of that procedure. Is it done to alleviate menstrual distress? Cramps, headaches, etc? If so and your doctor recommends it I say go for it! I with Maddie, where do I sign up LOL. You mentioned the pros - what about the cons??

Maddie, you are too funny! when are you giving us the Christmas hit list?

Raeanne, hope you had a great weekend. My shoe size is 8. I am excited that you have my name.

I spent most of the last four days at Equine Affaire. It's a four day equine extravaganza and is fun but for me it's alot of work. Trade show stuff, standing all day, pretending to be charming and interested in what people are saying! LOL I am so tired and so behind in everything but the good news is that it's over for another year. Need to get caught up with everything like that's going to happen.
    Today it was like spring and I am hoping that the weather holds out like this because Friday morning my equine group is taking off for our last hurah for the year. We have rented a nice house in western, MA and will have three days of riding and eating and fun! Can't wait. I have a massage therapist scheduled to come give me a massage after I have had a long hot tub session on Saturday. Oh yeah!

BJ, let us know what you decide to do.

• Related Discussions

SS Daily Support Mon, Aug 15 to Sun, Aug 21

Q

Comments (25)
    Hi everybody!! First off, Gretchen ((((( )))))!! I am so sorry to hear of your loss! Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your family. NHSuzanne, CONGRATS on your 10 lb loss! That is wonderful! Jen, I hope those headaches are history! Well, Ahem..... Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! I woke up this morning early and right after my 2nd cup of coffee there was a knock at the door. A big box was on my doorstep! Thank you, thank you, thank you Jen!! The first thing i opened was the lovely card with pictures of Jen's BEAUTIFUL girls Tara and Erica. These two are real Cutie Pies! Everything came so beautifully wrapped. There is a real garden theme here...Everything in pastels: a multi colored pastel picture frame with a butterfly and flower pot. Next was a package of tea candles to go with the darling potpourri burner that is also pastel and bedecked with butterflies. Then 5 different scented wax potpourri discs for the burner, all shaped like little pies, all smelling good enough to eat; honeydew/melon,french vanilla,golden spiced pear,fruitberry/spiced pear and spiced pumpkin. last but not least is a little ceramic crock which matches everything else! Jen said that her girls helped pick out the gifts and I must say, Tara and Erica have excellent taste! Jen, I love everything! The frame awaits the "perfect picture" and sits on my desk. The potpourri burner is in use as I write this, I chose honeydew/melon for today. The little crock sits on my bedside table.I have yet to master my digital camera. I will TRY to post pics. Thank you soooo much. I am enjoying our emails, too. I went out for breakfast with friends, lunch with DD, got my nails done and am getting ready for a dinner out with a some friends. Another friend has invited me out for breakfast tomorrow and there will be a small party at Sunday school. DS has been away at camp for the week (HIS birthday was Wednesday)and we have a family party planned for NEXT weekend.lol! So, you see, I plan to celebrate ALL WEEK LONG!! Marci, you have outdone yourself with that marquee. I printed it out. Who knows when I might see my name in lights again? DeeMarie, Age? I'm old enough to know better but too young to resist!! Ha Ha!! Raeanne, That ornament WAS tacky, but lets not overlook it's practical aspect. You never know when you might need "one of those"! Still no word from BJ. I hope she is having a good trip and that we can hook up here. Thank you all so much, Love, Tikanas
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. Oct. 30 through Sun. Nov 5

Q

Comments (29)
    Hi! I have so much to say to get everyone updated on myself but I only have time to say that my oldest DS & DDIL gave me a DGD on Aug. 26. She is a BEAUTY! I cannot get enough of her. She lives in Dallas. Milkdud's birthday was overlooked. I had her name & was in Dallas at the time. We got together & had some fun. Welcome Lime Coke! Jen~I'd love to have pics of the girls. I know exactly what you mean about passing up the trip. I got an open-ended trip to Dallas & then begged Dave to come & pick me up. I didn't want to get on the plane again. That is when they kept changing all of the rules & I was afraid that I would bend one. I definitely got on here at the right time. I was hoping that I hadn't missed the talk for Christmas. Please include me. Tikanis~I am absolutely SO proud of you. We need to get on the phone & talk to each other again. It has been way to long. NH Suzanne~Loved the pic of your rooster. He is very pretty. I will address everyone else later. I don't mean to leave anyone out. Just have a lot going on. Take care. Oh, Milkdud, had a DGD, a month after I did and they both have the same name but different spellings. Isn't that cool? Patti
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon. Oct. 26th thru Sun. Nov. 1st

Q

Comments (35)
    Gooooooooooooood Halloween day to all! I've been up since early and on the go. Our community center had their first ever "Boo Bash" fun-/fundraiser today, and it was a howling success! As the ways & means chairman, I was delighted with the turnout of people and kids dressed up in costumes and spending lots of time and money enjoying themselves! :0 I did a lot of fun Christmas shopping there for those little fun items that are 'extras' that nobody asks for or expects, but that always find a home happily. I also bought a couple of hand-painted items to continue decorating our house. I had a small serving of Frito pie and a diet Dr.Pepper when I finished my shift of tattooing kiddos. Donna, how nice to see you posting, but how frustrating for you with the delay. Maddie, enjoy the musical! Hope Dee's having fun on her vacation. Suzanne, hope you're enjoying your last sunny evening until next spring. Jan, I'd love a bowl of gumbo about now, TYVM! Raeanne, come back and post more - you're missed! Maddie, should we give it a little bit longer to see if anyone else would like to participate in the ornament exchange. It's so much easier to do an ornie than a whole gift box, so maybe we can get a bigger group together. I already have mine, so I can sound all organized and 'together' here! LOL I have a turkey roasting in the oven for our dinner. I decided to change up tradition from chili this year. I also needed to bake this one so that I can start taking advantage of the wonderful turkey sales starting up next week. We love turkey all year 'round. When I was growing up, the ONLY time my mom cooked a turkey was at Thanksgiving, so it still seems a little strange to me to cook one 'just because'. Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween and healthy snacking this evening!
    ...See More

SS Support Mon.,Nov. 12 thru Sun. Nov. 18th

Q

Comments (32)
    Good Evening all, I can't believe that I have been away all week. I have had an interesting week and it just got away from me. Let me get you up to speed. I had Monday off and DH went back to work after being out 2 weeks with his knee. However, Monday I had to bring DS to the Dr. He ended up having bronchitis. I had to bring him back again on Wed. because he could not breath. Now he is on 3 different meds and doing much better. I had a colonoscopy today, so I know that many of you know what the day before is like. Yikes. I survived and am finally back to my self. I was pretty groggy all day today and it felt good to just crash on the couch all day with a good excuse and not feeling guilty for not doing anything else! I also got news this week about a $1.8 million deficit in the school budget and there will probably be some major layoffs, soon. I'm not sure if I will be one of them, but usually the libraries and technology get cut before teachers. I am trying to get my ducks in a row and get a resume together, because it looks like a new job may be in my future. :-) and ;-(. I have very mixed emotions about it. Is anyone here any good a resumes? Anyone want to take a look at mine and tell me what needs to be improved upon? I really could use the help. Muchas Gracias. Maddie, I am really glad that this week is over for you. I am sorry I missed out on the gift exchange. If anyone else wants to join in, match them up with me. If not, that is ok, I will wait till next year. Raeanne, welcome back. I'm glad that you had such a great trip. Things seem so unsettled in CA these days so I am glad that you are back safely. Dee, congrats on the 4#. That is a big loss. Enjoy your weekend. Have you set up your village yet? Milkdud, I saw part 2 of that Oprah show today. Was that the most unbelievable thing? Two warehouses full of stuff that was just piled in her house. It was amazing and certainly an incentive to declutter! I am curious to see what her house looks like in a year. Jen congratulations on the 9 pounds!! Lynn, good to see you. Are you still selling your house? Patti, how are you and Dave feeling? Are you traveling for Thanksgiving? Suzanne, the weather is supposed to be beautiful around here next week. Thanksgiving is supposed to be 60 degrees, which is great football weather. Hopefully you can get a ride in. BJ, you are among the missing too! John, I was glad to read your post last week. It sounds like things are going well for you. Nice car! Marci are the kids getting a little excited with the holidays approaching? When do you finish school? We get out Wednesday at noon. I'm glad you got to spend some time with DD. It was nice "chatting" with you all. Enjoy the weekend. Love, Besh
    ...See More
  • aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - I just came back from dinner and my friend's doctor just recommended that procedure to her TODAY!!! She suffers from very severe PMS symptoms and he said the procedure would rid her of them. HOWEVER, this doctor has only done 40 of them - I would say your doctor is more than qualified.

Suzanne - thanks for the shoe size LOL. You have been treating yourself pretty good these days with all the riding and I love the massage WTG!!!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Morning All,

BJ, I am curious to know what the cons of this procedure are. Did the Dr. tell you of any? I would want to know. Raeanne, did you read of any?

I am off. Have lots to get done by Thursday and work is interfering with it! LOL

Hope we hear from some MIA's today.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

Suzanne - the only risks I saw were the normal risks with any surgery, excessive bleeding or infection. I would feel very confident with a doctor that has done 4000 procedures. I don't think I would go to the doctor that has done 40. I feel bad because I just realized you will be away when your package arrives - but now you will have an extended birthday.

I have to go and check to see where DeeMarie is today LOL.

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

BJ~I haven't heard anything about that procedure but it sounds like it would beat having a hysterectomy & if I have heard of it, (it is possible, lol), then it was for that very fact. They have some interesting things on tv around here telling what procedures have taken the place of others.

Maddie~I hear you about the money. I cannot believe they used that excuse! Talked too fast? I thought that was the point! I'm looking forward to the list.

NH Suzanne~It was even what I would call almost cool here last night. Glad that you are getting your last hurah!

Raeanne~What is new with you?

Well, I'm giving a shout out to everyone & hoping everyone has a great day! Patti :)

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

Hi Patti - glad you gave a shout out. Not much new here, just the same old work, housework, working out - too much work in my life LOL.

I just received this challenge in an email and I can't do it - not even close:

While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.

Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it.

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Raeanne~ That's a funny challege. I've done it with my kiddies, but the best fun I've had with it is at parties where people are enjoying a cocktail or two! lol!

I spent the morning making pilgrim hats for the kindergarten play. Real fun. Now, I gotta get some real work done!

NHSuzanne~ Side effects include cramping and nausea. There is some bloating for a couple to a few weeks afterwards from fluid collecting during the healing process. Women say it appears to look like a small roll of fat---like I need another!, but it disappears after healing. The risks are infection, blood loss (both rare), and the rarest risk of all is the device used to laser the lining off may pass through the uterine wall. Not good, but very rare. The last risk is that the fluid used to expand your uterus for the procedure may be absorbed into your bloodstream, diluting your blood and causing a serious problem.

That said, the plusses are no more pregnancies, periods, headaches, cramps, and no invasive surgery. The procedure is done as out patient and recovery is about 2 hours. Normal exercise and activity can begin again in a day or two.

It sounds like it is a proven, great option for someone who doesn't desire to get pregnant and who has bad monthly female cycles.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-kay! -----

Now back to our regularly scheduled diets......!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

I say go for it BJ!! WOW, not that I am nearly in menoupause I hear of some good method to get rid of all those symptoms!

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - my friend says to go for it too LOL. She wants to know of someone that had the procedure before she does it. Honestly, it does sound very safe and the side effects don't sound so bad, of course I'm not the one having it done - so it's easy for me to say. Are you still doing South Beach or have you given up since you weren't losing?

Did my water aerobics today, but I think I need more than that.

Once again I've been having a hard time sticking with SS. I do make sure I do some physical activity everyday and I have reduced my funky carb intake, but I allow myself a handful of almonds a day. I wish there was an easier way...

I will be going to Cancun in 2 1/2 weeks and I dread getting into a swimsuit and facing all those temptations.

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Yes, we were in the Grand Caymans today; we just set sail for Cozumel. There was so much devastation here after the hurricanes of September, but they are fighting back.

We had a nice tour and some shopping (DH bought a watch, what else is new?! LOL)

Tonight, I thought I'd get our little group into the Wedding Chapel on board at 8pm (EST) to wave into the web cam. I told the kids to have a looksee, but I'm not sure they'll let us in. I'll be sure to blow you all kisses if I get in there!!!

I've got to go back and see who I got in the exchange! Did you guys pull the names already? Seems like you did.

will check in later this week when I get the chance...until then.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

OK Ladies:

THE OFFICIAL, NO-SH!T SHERLOCK, GEN-U-WINE, WOULDN'T LIE TO YA EVEN IF I COULD, 2004 CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE LIST:

(ahem...)

Joanne sends to Patti
    Maddie sends to BJ
    Besh sends to Marci
    NHSuzanne sends to Maddie
    Raeanne sends to Joanne
    Dee sends to Tikanas
    Marci sends to Gretchen
    BJ sends to Lynn
    Tikanas sends to Raeanne
    Gretchen sends to Jen
    Lynn sends to Dee
    Jen sends to NHSuzanne
    Patti sends to Besh

Alrighty--how about the opening be on Dec. 20th?

And Marci--for our new friends, how about you post your list of questions (remember from a couple of years ago?), and that will not only refresh memories, it will give everyone some good ideals--

Hope all is well!

hugs,

Maddie

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

Maddie~Kewl! Thanks for doing this for us!

BJ~Did you see the ads on the sides? It is always pretty funny to see especially after all our talk this time.

DeeMarie~I hope that I remember to look for you. What time would that be here? Hmmmm......

Raeanne~I'm doing physical activity but we still don't have our sports complex back up & running again including the pool. They originally said that it would be 1 1/2 to 2 years before they have the pool back up & operating but now it was supposed to be back in operation yesterday so I will have to go check it out.

Well, check in everyone or else I'll think that I scared you all away! LOL Patti ;)

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Har! Har! I never noticed the ads. That's hilarious!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

I've noticed the pop up links. On Saturdays there are ads for laundry related things!! When I was having my permanent cap put on there were dental related things. Ain't technology grand!

Maddie, thanks for setting up the exchange. We should try to think up some more provacative questions for the survey.
    Any ideas?

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

What KIND of provacative questions???????

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex?

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose?

And when it comes to plastic surgery...
    If plastic surgery was free of charge, what would you have done?

If you could change one thing about your body, butt, thighs?

Lights on or light off?

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else?

1 month to live- what will you do?

Does science matter?

Are men necessary? Are women?

What will be the next plague?

How much nature is enough?

How will you be remembered?

What IS friendship?

What is "the good life"?

What is your most precious memory?

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else?

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to?

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it?

Just goofin' off in Seattle......nighty night... :)

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Wow BJ, like you have time to goof off!! Great questions and I will answer them soon but some require some thought!

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

BJ~Did you just pop those questions up off the top of your head? You blow me away!

Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - you've outdone yourself again! Thanks for the questions, it was fun.

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex?
    Sadly for DH, I would workout, sex doesn't require an hour for us anymore LOL.

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose? Sadly again, I would take the food over George - give me more than 1 night and maybe I would revise that answer (or throw in Brad Pitt)

No, because I am chicken.

Yes, Yes

Lights on or light off?
    on in the daytime, off at night (don't like to show off my lumps and rolls.

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else?
    I feel I do exercise pretty regularly, but if I am invited to do something fun and I have to skip exercise, I go for the fun.

1 month to live- what will you do?
    mmmmmmm.... not sure, but would do it with my closest relatives and friends.

Does science matter?
    isn't everything matter?

Are men necessary? Are women? yes, yes.

What will be the next plague? War

How much nature is enough? never enough for me, but I do require clothing.

How will you be remembered? I don't know, but I hope it includes words like loyal friend, devoted mother, loving wife and could really shoot down a lot of tequilla.

What IS friendship? someone who loves you without juding you, someone who knows when you need a laugh or a hug and you do the same for them without thinking twice about it.

What is "the good life"? I think I'm living it. Just being grateful for what you have and not dwelling on what you don't have.

What is your most precious memory?

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else? I'm not sure, maybe acceptance for who I am. I always had an inferiority complex.

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? gossiped about, because I don't care what other people say about me.

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it?
    It would either be "trust yourself" or "ask questions".

I hope this wasn't too much info.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - I know you did these questions as a joke, but they really make you think - thanks.

I realized I left one off and I don't think I'm ready to answer it. Name one precious memory? I don't know why, but that is a tough one for me and it requires more thought than I can give it right now, the other answers were spontaneous.

Have a great day...

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

What the heck!

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex? Work out for sure.

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose? Eat, eat---George Clooney doesn't do much for me. I'd love to have lunch with Hugh Grant tho' - he's such a scoundrel.

If plastic surgery was free of charge, what would you have done? Dermabrasion on my face.

If you could change one thing about your body, butt, thighs? Thighs, for sure. Goodbye side cars.

Lights on or light off? Off, unless I'm feeling pretty darn fantastic.

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else? Not enough discipine, for sure.

1 month to live- what will you do? Go to the Red Center of Australia and hike with the locals and guides until I croaked. I wouldn't tell my family or friends I was dying- they'd treat me so differently. I'd just write them all farewell letters to be delivered upon my death.

Does science matter? Yea.

Are men necessary? Are women? I don't know about the men, but I like the women. lol.

What will be the next plague? I think it's here - Ebola and AIDS

How much nature is enough? Hmmmm. I love it, but I believe in property rights as well.

How will you be remembered? I gave a great illusion of being organized. They'll find out after I'm gone about the illusion part.

What IS friendship? Hooking up with a friend after not calling for a few months (or years) and starting right back up again where you left off. Oh, and forgiveness acceptance- those are biggies.

What is "the good life"? Being able to have a baby (anybody's baby) sleep in your arms. Or making a small kid smile and giggle...

What is your most precious memory? Having my gramps say, "C'mere sweetheart!" and when I went over to him, he'd always give me a quarter. ---His kind of old fashioned love.

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else? All of it at one time or another.

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? Gossiped about; that over a lie any day.

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it? 1. Be prepared to only rely on yourself in life. 2. Never depend on anyone else's income! 3. Wind chimes are a very good thing.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - loved your answers and I have to say that Hugh Grant is more my type too LOL.

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex? I would work out with my horse of course!

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose?
    I would choose the hamburger hands down over George.

I would not choose it. I am hoping to grow old gracefully!

I would just want to be 20 lbs lighter. Just she said! LOL

Lights on or light off? Lights on!

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else? I get lots of exercise but it's never enough. All of the above apply

1 month to live- what will you do? I have no idea. I would have to cross that bridge when I got to it but I too would want it to be with family and friends.

Does science matter? Yes

Are men necessary? Depends on which day we are speaking of! Are women? - Yes, I need my women friends.

What will be the next plague? Disease and hunger

How much nature is enough? You know me, I can't get enough of nature and if you ask me there isn't nearly enough of it anymore.

How will you be remembered? I don't know but I hope that I will be remembered as a kind person and a generous person. Of course I will be remembered as an animal crazy person!

What IS friendship? It is loving without judgement and being available no matter what. I have always said about my dearest friends is that they would be there for me anytime day or not and without question if I asked them to be.

What is "the good life"? I too think I have the good life. I think the good life is a life that one actually enjoys. It is not about having things, it's about enjoying what you have. I am living my passion for animals, (horses especially), I work in the industry and in spite of my stresses sometimes I enjoy my work. I have a wonderful husband who tries my patience alot but we have a good quality of life.

What is your most precious memory? I have alot of precious memories but one in particular stands out. When I was in the third or fourth grade a teacher said to me that being ignorant is not so much of a shame as being unwilling to learn. I didn't really understand it at the time but it always stuck with me.

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else? Mostly knowledge because knowledge is power.

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? Gossiped about at least someone else would be getting a breaK! Lying to is one of the lowest things that a person can do.

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it? To your own self be true and know all the facts before you act.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

My most precious memory? My father making Sunday morning breakfast. We always had pancakes and bacon and the Sunday papers would be strewn about, there would always be some singing and dancing involved.

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

Martha Stewart will not be dining with us this Thanksgiving. I'm telling
    you in advance, so don't act surprised. Since Ms. Stewart won't be
    coming, I've made a few small changes:

Our sidewalk will not be lined with homemade, paper bag lumieres. After
    a trial run, it was decided that, no matter how cleverly done, rows of
    flaming lunch sacks do not have the desired welcoming effect.

Once inside, our guests will note that the entry hall is not decorated
    with the swags of Indian corn and fall foliage I had planned to make.
    Instead, I've gotten the kids involved in the decorating by having them
    track in colorful autumn leaves from the front yard. The mud was their
    idea.

The dining table will not be covered with expensive linens, fancy
    china, or crystal goblets. If possible, we will use dishes that match and
    everyone will get a fork. Since this IS Thanksgiving, we will refrain
    from using the plastic Peter Rabbit plates and the Santa napkins from last
    Christmas.

Our centerpiece will not be the tower of fresh fruit and flowers that I
    promised. Instead we will be displaying a hedgehog-like decoration
    hand-crafted from the finest construction paper. The artist assures me
    it is a turkey.

We will be dining fashionably late. The children will entertain you
    while you wait. I'm sure they will be happy to share every choice comment I
    have made regarding Thanksgiving, pilgrims, and the turkey hotline. Please
    remember that most of these comments were made at 5:00 a.m. upon
    discovering that the turkey was still hard enough to cut diamonds.

As accompaniment to the children's recital, I will play a recording of
    tribal drumming. If the children should mention that I don't own a
    recording of tribal drumming, or that the tribal drumming sounds
    suspiciously like a frozen turkey in a clothes dryer, ignore them. T hey
    are lying.

We toyed with the idea of ringing a dainty silver bell to announce the
    start of our feast. In the end, we chose to keep our traditional method.
    We've also decided against a formal seating arrangement. When the smoke
    alarm sounds, please gather around the table and sit where you like. In
    the spirit of harmony, we will ask the children to sit at a separate
    table. In a separate room. Next door.

Now, I know you have all seen pictures of one person carving a turkey in
    front of a crowd of appreciative onlookers. This will not be happening
    at our dinner. For safety reasons, the turkey will be carved in a private
    ceremony. I stress "private," meaning: do not, under any circumstances,
    enter the kitchen to laugh at me. Do not send small, unsuspecting
    children to check on my progress. I have an electric knife. The turkey is
    unarmed. It stands to reason that I will eventually win. When I do, we will eat.

Before I forget, there is one last change. Instead of offering a choice
    between 12 different scrumptious desserts, we will be serving the
    traditional pumpkin pie, garnished with whipped cream and small
    fingerprints. You will still have a choice: take it or leave it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING :-)

• marci_pa
    19 years ago

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex? Don't let my DH see this, but I would work out.

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose? Easy, eat whatever I wanted. I would be too worried about trying to impress George Clooney to have a good time. Who needs to impress a piece of Tiramisu?! LOL

A boob job!!! And maybe some liposuction on the old thighs.

If you could change one thing about your body, butt or thighs? Thighs

Lights on or light off? Off

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else? Boredom with the same old routine and changes in the weather. I love to walk outside first thing in the morning and winter puts a big damper on that.

1 month to live- what will you do? Visit every person I care about and spend some quality time with them and give them a piece of my life to remember me by.

Does science matter? Only if you are a scientist! LOL

Are men necessary? Are women? Sometimes and YES!!

What will be the next plague? Greed! Honestly, I think it is an epidemic.

How much nature is enough? Depends on the person and the situation. I could never spend the day in a boat fishing, but some people would consider that heaven. I love the beach and could spend hours on the beach, reading, walking, swimming, people watching and just breathing the salty air. My DH would think that was his worst nightmare come true.

How will you be remembered? Hopefully as a caring, nurturing Mom, wife and teacher.

What IS friendship? When you care enough to tell each other the truth. When you are there for the good times as well as the bad. When you are willing to give your friend that last piece of cake!!

What is "the good life"? Family, friends and a good glass of wine.

What is your most precious memory? When my grandparents came to my parent's house on Christmas Eve and waking up on Christmas morning as a kid.

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else? Companionship, acceptance and peace of mind.

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? Tough choice. I guess lied to.

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it? This too shall pass. Every problem has a solution and time will reveal that solution.

This felt suspiciously like homework!! LOL But it was fun.

Maddie - Maybe I could just send Tikanas and Lynn the questionaire from the Birthday exchange and they can send it to their partner? Let me know. Also, is there a theme to this Christmas exchange. Are we doing ornaments again?

This hasn't been a very good week at school. The kids have been exceptionally squirrelly (sp?) and I am counting down the hours until the weekend. On Tuesday, one little girl got her finger caught in the door on the bathroom stall. I heard her scream and immediately knew what had happened. My stomach was in knots while I got her finger out of the door, put ice on her finger and tried to calm her down. I wanted to cry right along with her. It was a really bad bruise and the skin was broken. We haven't heard from her mother and I am hoping the bone wasn't broken. We should find out tomorrow. I know I am not responsible, but I kept thinking I should have somehow prevented it from happening.

Later,
    Marci

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm loving reading these answers!

Marci~ After seeing your answer on lying and gossip and thinking about it, I guess I might rather be lied to---especially if I ask DH,

"Does this make me look fat????"

LOL!

• besh
    19 years ago

Hey All,
    I've definitely strayed a little and then I come back and see my name as the start of a thread. I must answer her, but wanted to say hello to you guys first!

Definitely work out, we always seem to find time for the other! LOL

Definitely the food. George does not impress me.

Well, lets pretend that I am brave enough to have anything done. If I was it would be some kind of eye lift (and maybe a boob lift while I was at it)

If you could change one thing about your body, butt or thighs? Thighs

Lights on or light off? Good Lord, off!

No discipline, and very lazy!

1 month to live- what will you do? Spend time with the people I care about the most. Make sure that my children know everything that I wanted to teach them and write letters to my loved ones so they would have that memory to hold on to.

Does science matter? Ofcourse! I'm a librarian for goodness sakes!

Are men necessary? Are women? Yes, see question #1! Women, definitely. Who else would take care of everything?

What will be the next plague? Some sort of chemical warfare.

How much nature is enough? A nice long weekend of it. Then it is back to reality.

How will you be remembered? Hopefully as a kind human being with a great smile!

What IS friendship? Unconditional love.

What is "the good life"? No financial worries.

What is your most precious memory? Seeing DS #1, peek into the incubator and seeing his baby brother for the first time.

What do you strive for in life: Happiness.

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? Gossiped about definitely. I have no tolerance for lying.

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it? Don't put your bras in the dryer! LOL Seriously, think before you speak, you can never take those words back.

Thanks BJ, this was fun!

Love, Besh

Here is a link that might be useful: This is incredible!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Morning All,

Besh, thanks for posting that incredible link. Love you answers too.

MARCI, so good to hear from you.

I am supposed to be working!! Ha,ha! I am getting excited about my weekend. I finally got in touch with the woman who owns Sweet Peas filly. She lives in MA about 30 minutes from where I am staying this weekend so I will be going to meet my equine grandaughter!!! By all accounts she looks just like Sweet Pea and I just can't wait to see her and get to know her a little. She is five.

Okay, back to work but I will check in later.

• Gret1
    19 years ago

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex? You know that say that having sex is like running a mile...soooo need I say more?

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose? FOOD!

If plastic surgery was free of charge, what would you have done? Lipo on my thighs and spiders veins zapped

If you could change one thing about your body, butt, thighs? hmmmm calves...I think they are too big

Lights on or light off? doesn't matter to me

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else? Not enough time..I need my sleep and I would have to get up pretty early to accomplish the workout - hence...question number 1..

1 month to live- what will you do? Spend time with the people in my life and cherish each moment I have. But I would also travel to the places that I have always wanted to visit.

Does science matter? Of course!

Are men necessary? Are women? Once again of course...

What will be the next plague? I think it will be a supervirus that does not respond to antibiotics. We as a country are over medicated when we should really save taking an antibiotic until it is really necessary.

How much nature is enough? Depends on the nature.

How will you be remembered? I would hope I would be remembered as a selfless person who gave when she could

What IS friendship? A call in the middle of the night when you need someone to talk to, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, a laugh with no questions asked

What is "the good life"? A good friend, spouse, a good dinner and a glass of good wine...ahhhhh

What is your most precious memory?I can only pick one?? Hmmm I would have to say the look my son gave me when he held his sister for the very first time. The smile on his face melted my heart!

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else? I strive to be happy and comfortable with who I am

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? Gossiped about. Gossip is trivial and people recognize gossip as just that gossip..

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it? Be true to yourself and don't compromise your values for the sake of acceptence.

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm still enjoying the answers to the quippy questions posed. There are some very sensitive, deep-thinking people here! But then we always knew that! lol!

Hey, I just got through listening to a CD of the old band America. (Hint: big hit: Horse with No Name) Does that band joggle anybody's brain? Hope so....heehee. Yesterday, I was in a Sade mood, and the day before, it was Basia. My true love, though, is smooth jazz ---- or as my kids call it:

"Mom's kind of music - with no words".

What music have YOU been listening to lately?
    What kind of music do you LOVE?

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

I love jazz and smooth jazz too. The other day someone had some techno music playing and it was kind of neat. Thought I should be at a rave or something! However, nothing beats the rock for me. I am die hard and true.

I would love to have some suggestions for some modern spanish guitar flamenco type (for want of another way of describing) music.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - America certainly takes me back to my teen years. The last two days I have listened to a cd I made up of Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra. I go through many a Sade phase too. My DH humored me and let me listen it to in the car tonight.

Suzanne - sorry, but the closest I come to Spanish music is Santana LOL.

• besh
    19 years ago

Hi,

BJ, have you ever heard of the group called Stuff? I used to have their album way back when and could never find the CD. They just rereleased it not to long ago. The CD is now called the Right Stuff. If you go to Amazon.com you can listen some of the songs. I just love them. It is mostly instrumental. There is one song or maybe two with vocals. I just bought it not to long ago and listen to it all the time. I also have been listening to the Los Lonely Boys. Love those guys too. Drives my kids nuts!

Besh

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

NH Suzanne - I was going to suggest going to Barnes and Nobel, go to the music section and look for Latin, they will break it down into more categories and you can listen to clips from several tracks. I do that all the time. I have to apologize, the item I was waiting for still hasn't arrived, even though it was shipped nearly a week ago... I am sending the other items today and you should have them tomorrow.

I know you will be off on the wild blue yonder, so I know you will have a great birthday and weekend. Looks like you are in for a treat with the weather, so enjoy and indulge.

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

WOW, you guys have been busy while I've been away...what questions! BJ, when I'm not paying by the minute to answer these questions, I'll give them a whirl.

well, we found out that the wedding chapel cam on board was fixed on Nov 12! We were idiots standing and posing in front of the cameras a few nights ago when no one could see us! We had fun anyway. Hope to have a few pictures to post (via Marci) when we return. Today is our last at-sea day. We land in Ft Laurderdale tomorrow morning, and then we need to head as fast as we can up the coast to Jersey in time to go to work on Monday. This cruise has been a blast!!! Next planned cruise is in late May 2005---to Alaska! Just gotta pay of this one first! Seems we go to work just to pay off the next and past cruise, but we just don't care! HaHa.

Tikanas, please e:mail me your address and anything you might like Santa to send you! Looking forward to our exchanges again.

Gotta run and fill out custom forms.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

Hmmmmm... good point, Marci--a theme---how 'bout a free-for-all this year--whatever floats your boat, you send. BUT... one caveat--there must be (1) ***really*** tacky ornament thrown in. I mean, something so bad that the person getting it will say D@MN!!!, and the dog will howl. And the postman will be embarrassed to hand you the package. Something sooo incredibly horrible that you will be ashamed to have the cashier ring it up. ((heeheeheehee!!! I love this part!!! :):))

If you had an extra hour in your day, one hour, what would you do with it? Work out or have sex? Welllll, if done with...ahem... 'vigour', sex can be a good workout! :)

One night doing whatever you wanted with George Clooney or the ability to eat whatever you want, hamburgers, you name it, without gaining a pound. Which one would you choose? Alrighy, I'm the odd man out b/c I would pick ol' George, and it would involve his kekkid chest, a bottle of oil, and a back/foot rub for me!!

If plastic surgery was free of charge, what would you have done? What *wouldn't* I have done???? I'd be lifted, tucked, sucked, enlarged, scheech--I could spend all day on this one question!!

If you could change one thing about your body, butt, thighs? Butt

Lights on or light off? Candles, baby!

Why do you give up on exercise? Time? Results not fast enough? Not enough discipline? Gym costs too much? Unrealistic goals? Or something else? Yep.

1 month to live- what will you do? Drag Rog to England

Does science matter? Yes

Are men necessary? Are women? Somedays, and yes--

What will be the next plague? Apathy

How much nature is enough? When I hafta start making loud noises to keep the bears away

How will you be remembered? Well, my epitapth (sp) is "Wow!! Whatta ride!", so I hope I can live up to that.

What IS friendship? unconditional love and acceptance, and knowing that no matter what, my bud will be there--come h3ll or high water. I am blessed to have that in 2 lifelong friends.

What is "the good life"? The now. There may not be a 'later', so enjoy every now you can.

What is your most precious memory? The last thing my mom said to me before she died (and possibly the last words she ever spoke) was "I love you, (name she would call me)". After I had spend hours with her, taking care of her, bathing her, and just telling her how my day(s) were--and not knowing if she ever heard a word I said. She did. (and now I'm crying.)

What do you strive for in life: money, power, knowledge, love, or something else? Well, I have love, and it would be my first choice. Then money, b/c then you can get the power, and afford to get more knowledge

Would you rather be gossiped about or lied to? Gossiped about--it may be something good and juicy!!

You're asked for your best piece of advice---what is it? To thine own self be true---do what you want to do, and the heck with what anyone else thinks

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

BJ~I, too, like smooth jazz & we have it here from Tampa as well as Orlando. I have liked Basia for a long time. I even had a dog named for her at one time. Yesterday we listened to Quincy Jones who has produced almost every great song out there. Anita Baker was on Jane Pauley yesterday but we weren't able to watch.

Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

• marci_pa
    19 years ago

{{gwi:1505575}}

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZANNE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZANNE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR WONDERFUL, SWEET, BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT SISTER, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... Suzanne - I hope your weekend is gorgeous and filled with fun. Can't wait to hear you relive it. I hope my package is there when you return from your weekend.

• besh
    19 years ago

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZANNE,
    HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Besh

PS - Marci, you outdid yourself! It is beautiful. :-)

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday Suzanne!!!

May this be your best year yet!

Tikanas

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

bada bing.....

ahem...........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU BEAUTIFUL, INCREDIBLE SISTER
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I hope you had a great day! :):)

AND LADIES--has anyone read my echange caveat in my last post????? :):)

Hugs,

Maddie

• Gret1
    19 years ago

Happy Birthday NH Suzanne!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Maddie - I saw the caveat! Tacky Tacky Ornaments!

Gretchen

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

PS: Marci: You're outrageous! That cake looks good enough to eat! Love it! Yummers!

Suzanne~ You are so special. You are a grounded, sensible, and outspoken (in a good way-lol) woman. I love the way you get in here and kick up the thread a notch when we need it. I look forward to you input and enthusiasm. I hafta tell you, I have never written a poem for anyone, but here's my shot at it - for your birthday, sis. I love your style more than marshmallow peeps. Hope you have a great b-day! ~BJ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Our NHSuzanne~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There once was a gal named NHSuzanne,

Her life had a definite plan

She set out to prove

that mountains could be moved,

"Everything is as it should be" is how it began

She worked with an Equine Publication

She said couldnÂt be run by Donations

Each month had a goal

And she knew in her soul

the end of each month held a stressful sensation.

She took her pleasure in riding a horse she dubbed Sweet Pea,

Who actually would have been more aptly named "Queen Bee"

Away they would ride

In the agreed-upon stride

The outcome of a great day was a guarantee.

One day she logged on to SS Daily Chat

She decided it was where sheÂd hang her internet hat

The theme was of diet

She chimed, "Sure, IÂll try it!"

And we were all thrilled that sheÂd said that.

Opinionated? You bet! - You better believe it

She knows what she wants and will fight to receive it.

She states her mind

SheÂs one-of-a-kind

SheÂs deserving and thatÂs to her credit.

WeÂre thrilled she chose us, it makes us feel neat,

Without horse stories, this thread, incomplete.

We look toward Monday

To hear where she rode on Sunday

On her pea of a horse called "Sweet".

:)

• besh
    19 years ago

BJ, my eyes are watering. So sweet!

Yes, yes, yes Maddie. I can buy tacky ornaments! Not a problem. I love it!

Besh

• Wild_Chicken
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yeah, thanks. I won't quit my day job! :)

Maddie~ I have a few choice ideas in mind already. I'm sorry now, though, that I passed up those moose nugget oranaments in Alaska this summer. DURN!

Movie review!--We saw the Shark Tale a couple of weekends ago. Fabulous and very funny!

Sunday! We're off to see the new Sponge Bob movie, then a kiddie b-day party, then book sorting and purging, and then of course, LAUNDRY!

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - well done, bravo, you can quit your day job. Have a great day at the movies, bday party and most of all the laundry LOL.

Maddie - I think I started that ornament thing last year, I gave Besh a Margartaville ornament that some would call tacky - but it was the only Jimmy Buffet themed one I could find LOL.

Besh - don't think you can just pass the ornament I gave you last year off to someone else LOL.

Marci - I forgot to mention how beautiful your gif is - you keep outdoing yourself. Thanks for being in charge of decorations.

I did water Yoga this AM, then went off to the tanning salon (going away 12/4), home just long enough to eat some lunch and get to an art class.

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

Ah, good--I'm glad that you all saw that b/c that is part 1--part 2 will come at a later date!! heehee!! :):)

Gosh--Thanksgiving is Thursday--can you believe it??? I am so not ready for any of the holiday season, but I just love this time of the year. Even the crowded stores--and the decorations--what fun! I think there's this little kid still stuck in me that just seems to have such love for all of this time of the year--know what I mean? No matter how broke, or tired or whatever, I still have that spark--I think that's why when MIL went off a couple of years ago (like 5 days before Christams on a STUPID matter), it really crushed me--just took the wind outta my sails. I even love the gray, melancoly days--with the dead trees reaching up, and I love the smell of leaves. And I love the memories, and the music, and the opening of the carton of eggnog. Of running out of tape when wrapping gifts, and saying the h3ll with it, give me cookies and let me watch Frosty. :):)

Sorry--i'm just rambling on--I truly do love this time of year, and I hope that I will always see it for what it is--a season of love--

Hope all is wll with everyone--

Hugs,

Maddie

• besh
    19 years ago

Oh, Raeanne, you are on to me. I will have to come up with something else! LOL

Besh

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County