body mass

joe_mn

male. 25yrs old. 215lbs. 14% body fat. lift weights 4 times week. not much cardio. do bike a lot though in summer. went on 6 week extreme diet. got down to 190lbs. looked ok i thought. did not check BF. over the next 6 months i went back to regular weight. am 215 again. i think most of weight loss was water. some fat, some muscle. i think a super fast diet is misleading. not really true fat loss. does my theory sound right?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherwoodva

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Extreme diets only work on a temporary basis and can even jeopardize your health. Eating complex carbs, veggies, fruit, and beans, nuts, fish, etc. for protein is the way to lose weight. No sugar, not even the artificial kind, no white bread, rice, or potatoes,lots of water, limit processed foods, and no fried foods.

You did not say how tall you are. If you are 5'5" 190 pounds is still too heavy.

You need to balance the weights with cardio and a healthy diet. Also, your muscles need to rest - usually 40+ hours after lifting weights. Either do it every other day or do upper body one day and lower body the next.

Good luck!

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_mn

i am 6-1. have 53" shoulders. 49" chest. 34" waist. i rarely do leg work. since my upper body is big, i can get away with having a soft middle. i have a hard time staying away from carbs.

Save    

Related Stories

Most Popular 7 Ways to Use Drifts and Masses In Your Garden
Whether in formal or natural landscapes, grasses or succulents planted en masse elevate the garden
Full Story
Green Building How Thermal Mass Keeps You Warm and Cool
Passive solar design makes use of this element. Here’s how it works and how you can get it in your home
Full Story
Furniture How to Seat Your Dinner Guests in Comfort
Instead of reaching for pillows and footstools when you dine, settle in with dining tables and chairs that fit the room and body
Full Story
Decorating Guides 6 Ways to Cool Off Without Air Conditioning
Turn off that cash-guzzling, energy-hogging A/C — these methods of cooling your home and your body are cheaper and kinder to the planet
Full Story
Healthy Home Gadgets Help You Watch Your Health at Home
See the crop of new devices that can monitor your body's vital signs and environment for health, fitness and fun
Full Story
Life Is Cabin Fever Real? Share Your Story
Are snow piles across the U.S. leading to masses of irritability and boredom? We want to hear your experience
Full Story
Home Tech Home Tech: There's an Easier, Affordable Future for Home Automation
Say goodbye to the headaches and high price of current systems, and hello to home automation products for the masses
Full Story
Pets Koi Find Friendly Shores in Any Garden Style
A pond full of colorful koi can be a delightful addition to just about any landscape or garden
Full Story
Decorating 101 Decorating 101: How to Shop for Furniture
Before you hit the stores, learn what furniture to get rid of, what to look for when buying, and how to avoid mistakes
Full Story