SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedogsmom_gw

'24 hours of Bliss' couples shower idea

threedogsmom
16 years ago

I am going to be hosting a couples wedding shower in August and wanted to make it a "24 hours of bliss" theme. this means that each guest (or couple) is assigned a time frame within a 24 hour period. They should then tailor their gift selection to something that can be used within that time frame.

For example: Guest #1 gets the 7-8 am time slot. They would then look for a gift that could be used at that time, such as a gourmet coffee selection, or a waffle maker, etc. Guest #2 gets a midnight to 1 am time slot - they could buy a sexy/pretty lingerie outfit for the bride, or a new 400+ thread count sheet set for the bed, etc.

What do you think of that idea ? I think it would allow guests to be creative with their gifts and would be fun to watch what everyone gets for them.

Here is my dilemma: How do I word the invitations to basically instruct the guests that " ___ is your time frame, please choose gifts that would be appropriate to use during that time frame". How do I explain the gist of the shower without basically "telling people what to do" even though I need to tell them what to do ?

On another note, I am renting a pavilion that has AC and a kitchen in a local park, as the place to have this shower. I cannot host at my house because we are hosting the wedding there in Sept, and I wanted that to be new to everyone who will be at the shower and the wedding.

I plan on decorating the tables according to the wedding theme and colors ( which is "tropical elegance" - deep raspberry pink, soft orange, and orchid green). I am at a loss as to what food to make and what time to have the shower. It is on a Sunday, so I was thinking later in the day like 3 pm ? How long should the shower go ?

Any ideas on wording, food, times, etc. would be helpful !!

Thanks !

Amy

Comments (11)

Sponsored