SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gin_gin

I melted the drawer fronts on my cheap plastic cabinets!

18 years ago

Ok this is not a huge disaster as disasters go, but still kinda got me PO'd. Our house is about 10 years old, we've lived her about 6 months. The kitchen is original, white cabinets & white appliances. The traditional styling of the cabinets is not really my thing, but they look nice enough. We want to do a remodel, but that's going to be a few years away if ever. The white doors & drawer fronts are not painted, rather a plastic laminate over MDF. Yesterday I decided to run the clean cycle in the self cleaning oven. Can you see where this is going? Well after it was done I opened the drawers on either side of the oven & the plastic has peeled away & shrunk from the high heat of the clean cycle. ARGH. I would like to throttle whomever deciced to put this stuff right next to the self clean oven. I guess nobody ever ran the clean cycle in the last 10 years?? I have no idea who the manufacturer of these cheap builder grade cabinets is. ARGH! I'm not really looking for advice on how to fix them, just needed to vent. Thanks.

Virginia

Comments (27)