SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zbestone

Need 'health' info on dead mice & odor...

zbestone
21 years ago

This is my first visit here and I love this site!!!

I found the postings of removing dead mouse odor helpful, but I will take any other helpful info I can get.

First of all, I advise anyone NOT TO USE POISION IN THE HOME to kill mice. I could just kick myself... I couldnt bear to see a mouse stuck to a glue board or in a mouse trap, but its GOT to be better than the smell Im putting up with in my home now! YUK!

Im pretty sure we found the source of how they got in and I want to tell you a funny story and then I have a serious question! I have a dead mouse under my refrigerator and cant get to him so I have to wait it out. One night, I heard a mouse fighting around in my cookstove so I thought I would give him a scare and turn on the stove vent that sucks air outside.. OH MY GOSH... he was IN the fan motor compartment and you can just guess what happened! Well, my husband does not want to pay for a repairman to get inside the motor and get him out, so I hope its no harm to just let him die there. We can not smell him because its so tightly enclosed, and I hardly ever use the vent.

Sooooo, first question is... could that be a health problem with the stove? and then, I found where the mice had been in a food closet I have. I found droppings on the floor. All the food is up high on other shelves where I found NO evidence that the mice had been. There are no dead mice, only droppings which I cleaned and disinfected. Is it possible for my food to become contaminated although no mice were around the food, just on the floor?

I would really appreciate any info as soon as possible.

Thanks so much!!!

"Z"

Comments (6)