SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

House/Pet sitter-etiquette

neetsiepie
11 years ago

I have lined up a house/pet sitter for the week we'll be gone on vacation. We've never hired someone before, and this gal has been throughly vetted and we're comfortable with her and vice-versa. She's been to our house to meet the pets and take a tour, and she'll come again before we leave to spend time with our pets.

She is going to be staying at our place 24/7, which is a real plus for us. She had only one request, that we have a cable channel that we don't have currently, so I've called the cable company to add that, and a land-line, since we don't have one. We also showed her how to exercise the dogs so she won't have to wrangle taking them for walks.

She insisted we not pay her, as she's going to treat this as her own vacation. We do plan to tip her generously.

My question is mainly, what else should I be expected to provide to her for the house? Should I buy food? Toiletry items? Do I act as if she's a houseguest? I've written up a home/pet instruction book with diagrams on where to find things and how to operate the pellet stove, TV, important phone numbers, our contact info, etc.

Comments (11)