SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marthapartha

Altec Lansing's Plug N' Play Speakers

marthapartha
18 years ago

I'm not sure whether or not I'm in the right place, but I've never been in the right place at the right time.

Altec Lansing makes these el cheapo, but kinda nice Plug N' Play speakers for around 50 bucks.

According to the outer carton, one can use these speakers on TV's, DVD players, laptops, VCR's, etc.

In other words, it uses the earphone jack.

My dad has a 27 inch Sony Trinitron Flat in his room (bedroom) It has about seven different hookup options ...componet, composite, F-pin, etc etc...but I can't find a headphone jack. I saw a headphone jack on a 24 inch Sony Flat, but that TV was at Target and not in his room.

My dad is hard of hearing and hard headed. He couldn't understand how to turn off and on the digital cable box ten years ago, and only wants a direct cable feed so he can watch Mash and Texas Ranger reruns on the Hallmark Channel. That pretty much kills any thought towards a home theater system.

While he is next to totally deaf, he can understand lower tones quite clearly. My thinking is that the speakers might help.

I haven't bought them. I tried to peak in the box at Target to see if there is an alternative to an earphone jack. Other people had same thought, hence Target triple taped the cartons to stop us all from getting into the container before purchase.

If I adapt the Plug N' Plays to one of the video hookups, that's not going to help when he watches Chuck Norris on the Hallmark Channel...which he watches all day because of all the repeats.

Where we are in Wisconsin, its either cable or Satellite...and old habits die hard, I've been over charged by Charter Communications Cable TV for too many years to quit now.

Is there any feasible way of adding speakers to TV without an additional receiver?

marf

Comments (2)