SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam61

Smashbox makeup primer - - -

tinam61
10 years ago

I purchased the large size sample of the smashbox primer. This morning I used it under my mineral make-up. I have mixed feelings but will see how it wears throughout the day.

It does make your skin feel good, I'm assuming that is due to the silicone. Your fingers feel good after applying it too. My skin looks smooth, but it usually is pretty smooth without primer. I do have one enlarged pore that I noted the primer makes totally invisible. In general, I like how the primer makes my skin/make-up look. BUT, I do feel like I might look a little "dry". I washed my face this morning with cetaphil, used my clarisonic and then my regular moisturizer. I did not use eye cream this morning or my clinique eye cream/primer - was in a bit of a rush. I have some very light lines at the corners of my eyes and I did smooth the primer up over them. I don't really have any wrinkles or other lines. I can't say that the primer makes any difference in the lines at my eyes.

I work tomorrow so I think I will try my exfoliating scrub (which I do use a couple of times a week - not on days I use my clarisonic, I feel like it is a little more "heavy duty") and will also use eye cream and try the primer again.

I actually bought another primer last week - just to see how they felt/worked. A cheap brand but one I have liked other products in - physician's formula. It seems to feel a bit creamier and I didn't feel dry.

Just thought I'd update!

tina

Comments (20)