SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_smile

Did you regret buying your Kitchenaid Pro 600?

country_smile
14 years ago

I currently have the Kitchenaid mixer KA45SS with a 250 watt motor. I've had it for 20+ years and it has never needed any repairs. I use it mainly for mixing cookies several times a week. Last May I redid my kitchen and updated my oven with a convection oven which means I can bake 3 (or more) trays of cookies at a time. It now only takes 10 minutes to bake 1 batch of cookies so to me it makes more sense to make a double batch. The trouble is my mixer bowl is too small to make the double batch so I have to mix one batch and then empty the bowl and mix another one. A local store is having a good sale on the KA Pro 600 plus I have an additional 30% off coupon which will bring the price to around $250.

so....my question(s) for those that used to have a smaller mixer and upgraded to the larger mixer:

- Are you happy with your choice to buy the Pro 600?

- Can the Pro 600 with the 6 qt. bowl easily accommodate a double batch of cookies?

- In your opinion, would it be worth it to buy the bigger model for someone that doesn't need it for bread making but only for cookies?

- Do you store yours in a cabinet or leave it on the counter? (I'd prefer to keep it in a cabinet but at 16 1/2" high it limits where it can be stored and the specs say it weighs 25 lbs.)

- Did you keep your smaller model and, if so, which one do you use the most?

Sorry for the long list of questions so feel free to only answer 1 or 2 of them. I know there is an appliance forum but I read this forum daily and I wanted to pose this question to GW members that are hard-core bakers and I thought this might be a good place to start. The sale ends tomorrow, so whatever input you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Comments (19)