SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munkos

How do you find the motivation??

munkos
17 years ago

Hi, I'm a newbie.

I'm nearly 21 and as a teen I was overweight. Weighing in at just under 200 pounds when I was 14. I had undiagnosed asthma, which was exersize induced, until I was 14. I couldn't do any activity without having a really difficult time. Once someone finally listened to me and I got my asthma under control I lost 60 pounds and was down to 129. My father passed away two years ago, and I quit working for quite a long time. My boyfriend also took time off work and together we happily, ignorantly put on about 50 pounds each. It didn't help that our roommate was pregnant, and she also put on about 70 pounds because she came home daily with ice cream, mcdonalds, and cheesecake for everyone. Hard to turn down junk food when its free and in your face!

He has lost about 30 of his through going back to work, and I don't think he needs to lose anymore, as he was a bit on the too thin side when we met. Bachelor eating habits aren't good.

Last june I started trying to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds in a few months. I then quit trying to lose and just wanted to maintain my weight and see if I could keep it off. Well, almost a year later, and 4 pounds lighter (even though I wasnt trying!) I want to start again. I am in a bridal party at the end of june, and would like to lose a good portion of the last 30 pounds before then. But I just can't find the motivation to get going again.

I know the wedding and looking good should be motivation enough, but it seems more like pressure at this point, rather than a goal. It seems like the more I try to get into it again, the more I fail. I haven't put any weight on, but I certainly can't get into diet mode.

Last time it was reading a diet website that got me motivated, so maybe joining one will get me going.

What motivates you, and how do you keep going when you really just don't feel like it?

Comments (6)

Sponsored