deemarie5500
18 years ago

Let's get this party started!

Comments (36)

• deb0615
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HELLO ALL
    Weighed this am 3.5 poundsdown so that was good. Looking at these walls driving me nuts suzy homemaker I ain't. It is raining and sunny got dressed to go off downpour, I just don't rush realllly well right now. Next week I start all my appointment for pre-op. Ya know I have sewing I can do knitting reading but I have no ambition at all.
    there is a silver lining somewhere I know
    debi

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Are we havin' a party DeeMarie? : )

Debi, CONGRATS! 3.5 lbs! That's great news! Your surgery will be over and done before you know it. Even when I am down I can usually get lost in a book. It transports me outside of myself for a bit.

This is shaping up to be another busy week. A friend was in the hospital for a few days with a respiratory infection. I am making a big batch of chicken soup to share with her.

QOD: Who just bought new shoes?? After all the ribbing that I gave everyone, I must tell the truth; I am buying new walking shoes tomorrow.

Later!!

Tikanas

• Related Discussions

SS Support Mar 28 - April 3

Q

Comments (35)
    Good SUNDAY morning! We had 24 hours of awful, awful weather. The wind and rain just did not stop. We lost power for most of last night....a power line went down about 1/4 mile from us on the lake...it sent sparks up into the night air like fireworks for almost 2 hours! I believe they intentionally shut down our power to fix the lines, so DH and I brought up a flashlight to bed and turned on a battery=powered radio that gets local TV stations (he is soooo addicted to his TV!) I fell asleep listening to "Cops" on Fox TV! LOL This morning, we got a call that FIL fell again. My MIL called DH and his brother (8 miles away!) to help pick him up. I was astounded that she did not call 911; however, when DH got home, he told me that the doctors told MIL that my FIL's cancer may have gone into his hips. So sad; he's on codeine for pain, so he may have gotten disoriented. This does not look good, but we will wait for diagnoses and pray. Please keep my DH's family in your thoughts. On Friday, I was getting ready for The Eagles' concert (which was wonderful--I felt 30 years younger! LOL). Anywho, I was putting on makeup and listening to the radio when I said aloud "Dear Jesus, please take our Pope into Heaven peacefully". DH yelled to me "if you have to ASK for the Pope to be taken into heaven, what chance to WE have"?? LOL!! I'm glad he's at peace now, but DH and I had a good laugh over that...we discussed how we should have asked the Pope to intervene for US!! Hope this is a good weekend for all of you. [I got into some chocolate yesterday, but I counted the points, so I guess it's OK? (right!)] Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP! DeeMarie
    ...See More

SS Daily Support, Monday, April 11 - Sunday, April 17

Q

Comments (22)
    QOD 1 - Receptionist/Secretary/Advertising Agent/Graphic Design/Therapist/Gardener/Office Manager/Trainer/Data Input and yes sometimes I do windows!!! at a local real estate office. QOD 2 - Taxes have been done for a while, but going in the mail today - can't see giving the government money sooner than we have to. I am taking a ride to Syracuse on Sunday to visit my mother and sister for a couple of days. It will just be us girls and we are going to watch some chick flix and have a lot of laughs. I am bringing the movies Chocolat, Spanglish, My Life As a House and Under the Tuscan Sun. I am not taking the highway and going through a lot of small towns that I have never been to, so it will be a 4+ hour adventure for me. I put a deposit on a kayak yesterday and am so excited. I am using my French Lick money to buy it. I will pay for it when I go to try it out, but I have sat in one on the ground and really liked the feel of it. Suzanne - I was in Manchester Center yesterday. We had a nice lunch and did a little shopping. Of course, I thought of you. Beautiful day for a ride. If I don't get a chance to check in until next week - have a great weekend.
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon. April 14th through Sun. April 20th

Q

Comments (65)
    Good afternoon, almost evening! It was a little cool and windy here today, with rain early this morning. Everything is glistening and green. So pretty. I had my first official workout today. I managed to do all the machines twice and lightly jogged in place after every 2 machines. I have to admit that I had to pop some tylenol and take a nap late this afternoon because I did feel the burn and was achy and tired. But, it was fun, and I'll definitely return tomorrow for a light workout. Hubby has a sleep study tonight way over in Houston, so I'll be on my own here tonight. I haven't spent many nights here alone, and it's been since Thanksgiving so I'm a little nervous. These lovely woods start feeling very dark and lonely when it's just Lucky pup and me. QOD: I think I'd like to return as Sweetpea because that little one leads a beautiful life on Suzanne's farm! Jen, so glad to see you posting and that y'all were safe even though you were frightened. BJ, reading about your windows getting washed made me look hard at mine, and I know that I'll be getting around to them sometime very soon. I hadn't realized how rain-spotted they'd gotten until I really looked. McPeg, that washstand has such good bare bones. Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm happy for you to be getting new furniture! This weekend, we're getting a new propane tank for our grill, and I'm thawing out chicken and steaks to rub down and grill for next week's meals. There's just nothing better than grilled meat - and I love the smell of it cooking on the grill. Hope everyone has a restful weekend!
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. April 16th through Sun. April 22nd

Q

Comments (20)
    Good Friday morning!!! Donna, ((((((HUGS)))))) sorry the news isn't so great about your dad but I am glad he has mostly good days. I hope you all will be able to enjoy what time he has left and not see him in pain. I am glad he has good pain meds and that you like the oncologist. As of this morning I am looking for a new vet. I love this one and do trust her opinion and she is an excellent vet except......her bedside manner. She was over two hours late (not unusual and I understand) but she roars in jumps out and starts sticking my animals with needles! Okay, I had a few minutes to discuss my concerns over the vaccinations. She agreed to let me split them up in two visits so that the immune system wouldn't be so shocked! That just indicates to me that she is aware of the issues I am bringing up! She never took vitals - this is an annual visit mind you- and the only place she touched them was at the vaccination sites! She will be back next week to do the second half but after that I don't know what I am going to do. She just isn't warm and fuzzy around my horses and they react to her is a tense and stressed out manner. Enough said on that!! My girlfriend whose mare got her shots yesterday (all at once) is having a bad reaction and isn't eating! I hope she will be alright. The rest of the afternoon was glorious however. The weather has turned absolutely spectacular and DH and I enjoyed the afternnon outside with the animals ( I groomed because they are shedding like crazy) and our neighbor came over with out of town company to see the animals and DH brought the donkeys out for them to play with. All the while, momma fox was in the back of the field playing with her two kits AND another full grown fox was there too! We think it might be the sire as sometime the male fox will stay around to assist in the rearing of the kits but not always. Mind you this is an uneasy relationship because I have chickens that they would love. The chicks are secured however and the fox is smart enough to know she can't get them. Anyway, it was a splendid afternoon. I hope you all have a chance to check in. QOD: What's up for this weekend?
    ...See More
  • milkdud
    18 years ago

Hi!

QOD: I'm all for buying new walking shoes as soon as I can get out and walk safely from this knee surgery. The other knee will just have to tough it out so that I can get in some kind of shape! LOL

Deb, congrats on your weight loss! That's a big deal, IMHO. Every little pound helps, so keep up the good work!

I got out and drove my dh's Jeep yesterday. First time to drive in almost a month, and the Jeep was more me-friendly than my own car. I'll be driving myself to PT assessment on Wednesday. I'm pumped up about being somewhat independent.

I'm still at the mercy of what my dh feels like cooking for my dinner, but during the day, I try to eat healthy and drink lots of water. Since I'm still pretty idle, the weight isn't coming off, but I don't believe any is coming on, so I'll see that as a win-win situation for now.

Take care and have a good night!

• deb0615
    18 years ago

Can't sleep again. I did not go out today because of the weather so I did laundry and just laid around, maybe that's why. Milkdud do those exercises they will help. You got to drive already? They would not let me for six weeks. I had PT come to my house for awhile, but it is not as extensive as going to the therapst. Being a nurse I was hard headed, would not use walker around house barely used the cane.
    They actually told me to slow down with the exercises. But none of that had anything to do with the scar tissue forming.
    Take care sleep well(i wish)
    debi

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Hi!

Staff meeting this morning and a wound care inservice to boot. I am headed out the door to see a couple of patients before I go to the office.

Milkdud, you are free (almost) at last! How does the knee feel? Are you stiff? My knee feels even better today. I will be happy if I am able to avoid surgery and get back to my old active self.

Debi, I hope today is a better one for you....

Have a great day everybody!

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    18 years ago

All this talk of knee stuff is beginning to frighten me. I've had a bum knee for almost 40 years. It's always 3 times the size of the left knee and this year I had decided to do something about it....that is, until I read about all this down time!! Not sure I'm going to make that appointment.

I've been journalizing each and every morsel that goes into this mouth, but still no difference in weight. Each morning I meet my neighbor at 6:15 am for our walk....30-45 minutes and 90 minutes on Saturday. Add 2 hours worth of toning/weights during the week, and I should be seeing something, right? I AM NOT GIVING UP!

Maybe if I drink the water, I'll wake up tomorrow 20 pounds lighter...what say you, guys? LOL

Marci, are you still with us? How about Besh, Gretchen, Patti, Maddie, Joanne, Amy....you all know who you are. Please check in with a little "hello".

QOD: I really don't need shoes, but that doesn't mean I cannot window shop. This season is always fun to start looking!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

I thought I posted a long message to everyone and it is GONE.

So a quick hello to everyone out there. I will try to post later.

• miscindy
    18 years ago

Hi-
    I'm just getting started (again!). I began journaling everything yesterday. Visited my mother over the weekend. She's kept talking about her own weight loss and gave me a stack of nutrition and health books. Must be her way of "hinting" that I need to loose weight! I also visited a friend I usually only see 1-2 times a year and she gave me a photo of us together from last summer. I looked huge! And, I know I weigh about 10 pounds more now than I did then. Not good at all! My short term goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of the school year (June 16). That will get me back into last summer's clothes (I hope!) I can usually lose weight during the summer because I don't have to work and have time to exercise and eat healthy. Perhaps I can lose 20 pounds this spring and then 15 more over the summer and go back to work at 160 pounds in the fall. That would be wonderful!!

Good luck to all of you this week! Congrats on your successes!

Miscindy

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

I am here, just busy. I keep wanting to post and address everyone, but can't seem to find the time to do anything but skim the posts.

Will try to do better and catch up with everyone tomorrow.

• nhsuzanne
    18 years ago

I am too busy too! I keep trying to think of a way to sit and post but I just am so absorbed right now. I will try to make a long post this week. Lots going on with me.

It's snowing here tonight!! I know it won't last.

Hope all is well and that we can all get back on track and start communicating again!! I miss not being here and it appears that I am not the only one!

Oh yes, and if I am not busy enough we have another donkey to resuce!!! He's a 4 year old mini who's mother can't keep him and is desperate! I think I should have my head examined now the donkeys are going to have a larger voice than the horses!

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Marci and Suzanne - good to see you!

Debi - way to go on the weight loss!

Mscindy - do you work in a school? If you posted that I missed it. Short term goals are great because they are realistic - WW encourages them. We will cheer you on.

Milkdud - driving is freedom - good work! Glad you are doing so well.

Tikanas, Raeanne and Zig - I might go shoe shopping tomorrow night. I bought a pair of shoes a couple weeks ago in a brown color and knew I should have bought them in black too. They are cute and comfortable. I hope I can still get them as I wear the same size as the entire world.

Will post more later in the week. Take care.

Donna

• zig123
    18 years ago

morning everyone.... thought I'd better check in early this morning or I may not have the chance today. I'm taking a couple of days off next week so I am trying to cram 2 weeks into one and work has been incredibly busy.

debi ~ congrats on your weight loss

miscindy ~ wishing you good luck on reaching your first weight loss goal. I think it is easier to have short term goals then revise them than to be overwhelmed by the big picture.

Donna ~ hope you can get the black shoes you want.

Marci and nhsuzanne ~ glad you checked in even if it was for just a moment

QOD~ bought new running shoes last weekend, a pair of black sandals and a pair of beige ones. I think I may need a 12 step program for shoe addiction....LOL

Hope everyone has a great day

zig

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Zig - you got us started bright and early this morning.

Donna - Are you a size 7 by any chance?

Milkdud - I am thinking of you today and your solo journey to PT. I know it will be fine.

Tikanis - you are a great friend to make chicken soup. How is Joe doing?

Suzanne - I've been thinking of you, sounds like things are hectic. You know you will have to even things up and probably got another horse and goat. You are very special to rescue another donkey.

Suzanne collects animals like some of collect shoes LOL.

Marci - on Easter vacation I expect a long post from you.

Cindy - Keep us posted on your progress. I think the goals you set for yourself are very doable.

Dee - I tried drinking all that water yesterday and I don't think I lost an ounce.

deb - congrats on your loss!!!

Amy - are you okay? Please check in with us.

I am still working with the personal trainer and I know I haven't lost any weight, I realized that I no longer unsnap my pants when I am relaxing after dinner - that's progress for me LOL.

QOD - With regards to shoe shopping. My next project is to go through all my shoes and weed out - it is much harder than it sounds, but I must make room for new ones LOL.

Make today a good one!

• jen823
    18 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We had a huge storm Sunday nite so we are swamped at work. I hate Claims!!!!!

I need advice!! I am frustrated. I started the Firm on March 6th. I have done it faithfully 5-6 days a week since. I have not lost anything but gained 5 pounds. On top of that My jeans are tighter in the thigh area. Any suggestions? I haven't been eating any more than usual but maybe I need to start journaling. Anyway, if anyone has any advice I would be happy.

Tikanas & Zig, I am all set for the fast. In fact, I am in need of this fast.

Shoes???? I need to buy some summer sandals. Mine are 3 years old and worn out but I love them.

I need to catch up. Hopefully tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Jen

• firemanswife
    18 years ago

Hello,
    I am a newbie here to this forum! I am also a newbie to Weight Watchers...last night was my first weigh in and I lost 2.6 pounds. This is my first time on Weigh Watchers and I still have a million questions.

• besh
    18 years ago

Hi, remember me?

Sorry to be away so long. Lots of things happening after FIL's passing. DS is playing lacrosse and we are in the full swing of that. He is also planning his Eagle project, so that has also taken a piece of my time. Work has been crazy, since one of my coworkers left and that position has not been filled yet.

I am following the South Beach diet with my future DIL. We are getting ready for our wedding figures!!! I still have not found a dress for me yet, which is getting quite frustrating. The wedding planning and some projects that I am working on for it are taking another chunk of my time.

Hello to some new friends on this thread. It is always so nice to have some new "faces".

Has anyone read Jody Picoult's new book "The Tenth Circle". Wow is all I have heard about it. Right now I am reading "Plain Truth" and that one is next on my list.

Got to go tune in to American Idol. Have a great night.

Love, Besh

• deb0615
    18 years ago

Well another new one for me. In over 30 years I have never had a ticket, and today was my day. I went to give my daughter money(she was broke as usual) my knee was killing me, I was on the cell phone for more pain meds,all I wanted was to get home. Yep he got me.
    Besh how's the SB going for ya?
    I love the post about buy A new pair of sandals for summer!!!!!!!! I can't count all of mine
    raeanne I love weeding out shoes I always fine a pair I did not know I had
    mikdud how's the eval on the PT
    I am going to weigh Fri fingers crossed I have kept up with it.
    debi

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Good evening!

It's nice to see some familiar faces return to post. You've been missed.

My assessment went ok today. I'm not as far along as my new PT thinks I should be, so I'll be doing 1 water therapy day and 2 "land" days a week until he sees enough improvement to switch to all water days. He also gave me about a dozen new exercises to add to my repertoire, so I'll be busy at least twice a day everyday trying to improve my range of motion. At least the PT guy is really nice and fun.

My son picked me up at the house an hour later and took me to meet my dh for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It had been over a month since I was last there, and I've missed it. The people and the food are just great! Came home and took a nap after my busy afternoon/evening. lol

It's warm here, so my appetite has cut back which is a good thing. I'll be on my own for the next 3 days while dh goes out of town for an interview. I'll try to be around more often, so y'all post!!!

Take care and keep on keeping on with your WOE!

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Welcome firemanswife - congrats on your loss. A lot of the women here follow WW, so ask questions - I'm sure you will get answers.

Milkdud - Everyone heals at different rates, so just hang in there, I'm sure you will catch up with where the PT expects you to be. I love Mexican food - glad you had a nice evening out.

deb - OUCH - I have never gotten a ticket either. I have been pulled over, but I guess the look of sheer panic and tears in my eyes have gotten me off the hook (so far).

Besh - we have missed you. Your life sounds very busy these days, glad you were able to say hello.

jen - I can only tell you that my trainer said that I may gain before I start to lose, because the muscle weighs more than the fat - do you feel more tone or stronger? I can't remember the name of those popular tapes several years ago with the kickboxing, etc. I was doing them everyday, plus walking and was gaining weight. I just can't eat like a normal person - I really need to eliminate those bad carbs.

Speaking of trainer, I have to get ready to go, have a great day.

• jen823
    18 years ago

Good Morning,

Raeanne, I am just like you. The sugar and bad carbos get me evertime. I would like to try weight watchers but I have a hard time staying with it. The thing that really concerns me is that I gained an inch in my thighs. I DON'T need any more inches there. Would you care to ask your trainer about that?

Deb, I have gotten 2 tickets in my lifetime. I am determined not to get anymore. I tend to freak out when I see a cop now.

Milkdud, I LOVE mexican food. That is my downfall. Give me a wet burrito any day.

Welcome Firemans Wife, Feel free to ask any questions. Your questions my help someone else too.

Well, better run. Have a great day.

Jen

• firemanswife
    18 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome.
    You said it was ok to ask questions so I am going to fire away! :-)
    Those of you that follow weight watcher I would like to know what you eat??
    I eat lots of vegetables and some fruit. Lean meat and lots of water. I am starting to venture out a little more but my points are precious so I use them as wisely as I can.
    Also how much do you exercise?

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Good Morning!

Hi Fireman's wife! Welcome and congrats on the weight loss.

Hi, Besh! We missed you. When is DS' wedding? How fun that you have a "partner in crime" in your future DIL!

Jen, I am ready for our fast as well! I am sure that you are gaining muscle. It is great that you have been so diligent. It WILL pay off.

Marci, we miss you too! I have emailed you a few times thru Garden Web but I don't think you are getting them... Could you email me privately when you get a chance, please?

NH Suzanne, I agree; you collect animals the way some people collect shoes! :) I think it is wondrful that you can rescue another donkey. How is Dominic?

Deb, I have a lead foot and have only myself to blame if I get a ticket. I can relate! Good luck on the weigh in.

Milkdud, I know that you will work hard on your therapy. By next week you will be all caught up!

Zig, I must forget what it is that you do! Somehow I thought you were a teacher but I know I am wrong..... 6 days till our fast already.

Raeanne, Joe is NOT a happy camper. I only see him twice a week so it is hard to gauge mood fluctuations and harder still to cheer him up.

My DD comes home to stay the night every other month and tonight is the night. We have rented a movie and she will "allow" us to spoil her, make her favorite dinner etc. Lol! Tonight is the night and I am really looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Tikanas

• zig123
    18 years ago

Besh ~ glad you found time to check in. Good luck with SB. I think having a diet buddy or some kind of support system makes all the difference in the world.

firemanswife ~ Welcome. Congrats on your loss I don't do WW but I try to exercise at least 6 times a week.

Jen ~ I have to be really careful and do a lot of stretching after I work out to elongate the muscles or I will bulk up, especially my thighs and arms. Glad you are joining us for our fast next week.

Raeanne ~ my shoe storage solution is to add more closet space, unfortunately that means adding on a room or two and DH would be less than enthusiastic with that idea, especially if it was just to hang on to shoes....LOL

Debi ~ I have a lead foot and am always in a hurry. Have been stopped a couple of times by friends of DH and they let me off with a warning. Not fair I know but I really didn't want to insist they write me up :-)

milkdud ~ sounds like you are doing great if you are driving and going out for dinner, even if the PT doesn't think so.

Tikanas ~ I'm a social worker and I work with with children,teens and young adults who are drug and/or alcohol addicted, physically and/or sexually abused. I also teach court ordered parenting classes.

Have a great day everyone!
    zig

• firemanswife
    18 years ago

Zig123,
    What kinds of exercises do you do? What have you found that works the best for you?
    I am about 40 pounds over weight and I am terrified that when I lose the weight I am going to have issues with sagging skin and I am hoping that if I exercise and keep tone I won't have that problem.

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello everyone!

Had a bit of an emotional breakthrough last night over why I overeat. Looking forward to working with it. Maybe I can put a dent into this extended bod.

Welcome to newbies. I'm working with a nutritionist, originally to control my bloodwork numbers and not to lose weight, but we will be shifting that emphasis shortly. I count Weight Watchers points, but have led myself slowing toward whole foods (which means that I get less to eat but better food).

Got so much to do this week personally and professionally so don't have much time to spend here.

Take care, eat healthy and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• miscindy
    18 years ago

firemanswife- I'm not doing WW right now but when I was, our leader told us about Lloyd's barbequed chicken and beef. It's in the refrigerated section of the grocery store near the cold cuts. 90 cal and 2 fat gms per serving. She also recommended one of the aunt Millies buns that was only 1 pt! There are some fat free hot dogs as well that are around 2 pts I think! I also ate WW "chili" recipe which is rice, beans, tomato sauce and chili powder. It was good and filling. I don't remember the pts. Another thing I would do is take a marker and write the point values on everything in the cupboard so I knew before I grabbed it!
    Good luck! I did well with WW but don't have time or money for it right now.

• firemanswife
    18 years ago

Hehehe....I have points written on everything in the house. I am horrible about having snack attacks and just grabbing what ever fits in my mouth.
    I am exercising 6 days a week and I have really watched myself.
    I have heard that you are suppose to have all this energy when you start exercising...not me I am exhausted at the end of the day.

• maddie_in_ky
    18 years ago

Hi all!

I am still having problems posting--????--I had a good post going, and when I previewed it, poof! (Now, if my hips would just poof away!!! LOL)

Welcome Fireman's Wife! I found that taking snack bags and measuring out snack/portions/what I was going to munch on for that day helps. It only takes a few minutes, and after a while, you get to the point you can almost eyeball a portion.

Shoes--no, although, I do have my eyes on a great pair--they go with nothing I have, but my goodness-they are gorgous, and I love the way I look in them--if I can get my hands on Derby tix, I may just hafta indulge! :)

Deb, I got my first speeding tix last August, And the irony? I really wasn't the one speeding; I was the last one in a line of cars. I figure it was karma, and I was due! :):)

I've had that funky headcold/stomach thingy that's going around, so I haven't been to the gym for a week. I'm musch better, but last weekend we had a show, so I had to drug up and stay away from customers--

Hope all is well! BJ??? Happyto??? Amy??? John???

Hugs,

Maddie

• zig123
    18 years ago

Hi everyone!

Waiting for DS to come back with my car. It's been a long day and I want to go home.

firemanswife ~ During the winter I do Leslie Sansones Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I have several sets so I can vary my workouts. I also do pilates, walk/run on the treadmill, or outside when the weather warms up, use a cardiofit, a cardio glide, ice skate, cross country ski, and roller blade.

Dee ~ wishing you well in analyzing your dilemma

Maddie ~ glad you are feeling better. Will you please email me your addy, I have something for you. If you find a way to poof away hips please share it with your friends...LOL

Donna ~ did you get the shoes you wanted?????

zig

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

If Maddie finds a way to poof the hips, she will be so rich, she will be buying us all a new pair of those shoes.

Dee - congrats on the breakthrough and your willingness to work through it WTG.

Maddie - glad you are feeling better - it was quiet around here without you.

Amy - if you are out there let us know you are okay.

Have a great evening.

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Maddie, don't forget your friends (and their hips!) if you find that breakthrough. I will be forever in your debt, sister, and promise to make you sticky chicken (and deliver it to you!) whenever you and Rog get the yen. LOL

Gotta work ou my goals and objectives for this year (only a month overdue--ha!). Actually, by the time I get to documenting them, I will be able to note that some of them have already been completed. rah for me!

Took on 2 volunteer projects outside of the office (part of that work/life balance stuff). It will be a challenge, but I think I need it now. In the worst case scenario, I will be away from home a few hours a month (and the potato chips) and may lose a few pounds. Not a bad deal, huh?

QOD: What ya' all up to this weekend? Tonight and tomorrow we have dinner with friends. Sunday we have a club meeting in the afternoon, and Sunday night we chill with The Sopranos (gotta see who gets whacked, Raeanne!)

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

TGIF!

Hard to get going this morning! DD and I stayed up 1/2 the night gabbing and watching movies. Lots of fun!

Maddie, nice to see ya! Sorry that you were under the weather.Could you PLEASE find out how to "poof" hips? We are all waiting.... :)

Zig, I work with social workers all the time. What an important service you provide.

DeeMarie, I am eager to hear about how you will handle things now that you have new insight.

Miscindy and firemanswife, I can just picture "points" labels on everything! I log my food in on fitday.com so I get a calorie count daily. Not too happy with yesterday's count. Too much tacos and rice with the kids last night....
    I also love Mexican food!

Raeanne, what are you up to??

Happy Friday!

Tikanas

• deb0615
    18 years ago

I.5 pounds it is a lose but it is dragging. I don't think I am getting enough protein. Every time I ever have been to WW I was always told I did nnot eat enough. I am dringking green ice tea cut the carbs buttttt I am so inactive at this point. My knee feels like the bones are grinding together when I stand or walk so the last two days have been bad. I finally had a house meeting and informed my men folk that are gonna have to pitch in or it is not getting done.
    Weekend is here it is suppose to rain Sat. Hope not
    Lots of fun and have some for me!!!!!
    debi

• maddie_in_ky
    18 years ago

LOL!! I can poof my hips plenty, but it's the un-poofing that has me stumped! LOL!!!

Dee--only if there is a red Swingline Stapler involved! (Did you ever see the movie "office Space"? I can relate to Milton, although my stapler is in more of a kitchen-y setting!)

Tikanas, I remember you asked about me and that stapler--here ya go--the infamous chicy story---

Several years ago, some smarty-pants posted the following recipe:

ROAST STICKY CHICKEN

4 tsp salt
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp thyme
    tsp garlic powder
    2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp white pepper
    ½ C chopped onion
    1 large roasting chicy

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from the chicy; clean the cavity well, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicy, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and rubbed deep down into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook chicy, put in a crock-pot and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on, it will produce its own juices. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours, and it will be falling off the bone tender.

Sounds simple, right?

I got a wild hair one Friday to fix it, and then cook it the next day. So, after work, I went to the grocery (no list, mind you, just reliance on my mighty memory! SNORT!) and proceeded to run amuck. I couldnÂt remember just what spice I had, and when I got a good look at the prices, I decided that I had all the ones that were required, and so I just bought a fresh chicy.

Got home, got comfortable, Rog was at work, and all was right with the world. UntilÂ..I got to looking for the spices, and realized to my horror that I was missing a great deal of what I needed. Hmmmm get dressed and go back to the store, or improvise? Improvise, it is! No cayenne? I got FrankÂs Hot Sauce. Thyme? DonÂt need no stinkin thyme! I got oregano! Garlic powder?? Please. I got the real thing. White pepper---ahhhhÂ. I do have that. UmmmÂ. No, I donÂt. I do have an empty can in the cabinet, but I donÂt think that counts.

So, I improvised, substituted and down-right lied. Got all the spice together, and then started to mess with my fresh chicy, that I paid more for than my stupid car. As I am pulling out the giblet bag, I noticed that it was hard and cold. Not good, as fresh anything should not be partially frozen. As it reposed on the counter, and I was contemplating on whether I should get the bourbon or tequila out (for me), the d@mned chicy tried to make a run for it and slid off the counter. Onto the dirt and grime, decimated frozen peas, and lots of cat hair that make up the daily mess of my kitchen floor. Freakin greatÂnow IÂm gonna hafta shave the d@mned thing before I can use the rub. I pick it up and throw it into the sink, spreading unimaginable gunk everywhere, wash and dry it, nail it to the counter, and start to apply the rub.

Lemme tell yaÂthis ainÂt as easy as it sounds. Nothing like massaging a cold, dead chicy, and getting the impression that it actually likes itÂewwwww! And I donÂt know what they mean by "Large Roasting Chicy". What the h3ll is that?? Mine was 6 pounds, and the rub didnÂt seem to cover it like I thought it should.

So, into the galleon sized Zip-Lock bag it goes. No, wait. The d@mned chicy is too big and when I try to shove it in the bag, the rub is getting shoved into the grooves of the sealing part, and itÂs not staying on the chicken. H3LL! LetÂs try this again, and dig outta the grooves as much rub as I can, and smear it on the chicy. DidnÂt work this time, either. (Note: Albert Einstein once said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Case in point.)

I cuss and I fuss, and I finally got the chicy in the bag (BARELY!!), and now, the Zip Lock wonÂt lock. Too much rub in the grooves, and nothing, short of dynamite, will clear it out. OK. IÂm tired, IÂve killed the kitchen, I have spice rub and cat hair all over my face and arms (where they stuck in the chicken juice). I donÂt care anymore. I will be in the local mental facility tomorrow anyway, so why do I care about tomorrowÂs dinner? The chicken won. The rub won. The d@mned Zip Lock (that wonÂt) bag won.

They had, until I remembered my stapler. My handy dandy, will staple anything, always there for me, stapler. With a maniacal laugh and a smile that would put the Joker to shame, I dug it out of the drawer, and proceeded to staple that d@mned bag **shut**. I was a staplin fool, and I only stopped when I ran out of staples. IÂm sure the neighbors were wondering what was going on as I told the bagged chicy "IÂll get you, my pretty, and your d@mned rub, too!" along with the sounds of out of control stapling.

I did eventually get some cheap wine and take a bubblebath, after showering off the remnants of the chicy. Rog saw the poor creature stuffed in the fridge, and wisely chose not to say anything until the next day. The chicy was very good, however, but every time I see a galleon sized Zip lock bag, I get an irresistible urge to staple something.

Now, aren't you sorry you asked???? LOLOL!!!

Hugs,

Maddie

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

Fast post - Im' still alive!
    Maddie - good to hear from you!!!!
    Will check in over the weekend.

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Maddie, Still looking for a job? IMO, you should try your hand at a few short stories a la Erma Bombeck, and submit them to Women's Day Or McCalls! Fine tune that chicken story and you have your first article for submission. I won't be able to look at chicken for a long time without thinking about a stapler....

Back later!

Tikanas

Sponsored