SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

tv/dvr/vcr/digital converter making me crazy

catherinet
11 years ago

I guess you could say I'm old school. I LOVE my VCR, but its impossible to buy just a VCR anymore. I have 2.

The one I use the most is a panasonic, and has done great for several years. Recently, I went through a bunch of old VHS tapes, before getting rid of them. Maybe I wore the thing out.

I taped a show last night and when I went to watch it, it was mostly blue screen. The only way the show showed up is when I would press Fast Forward. Can't really get the gist of the show on FF. haha
I've tried different tapes on different VCR machines on different TVs with different remotes and have deduced that its a defect in the VCR. I've cleaned the heads several times, but it doesn't help.
I also have a DVR, but am not smart enough to tape on the danged thing. I think having to use this digital converter box on my old TVs messes up taping through the DVR.

Anyhow...........any ideas what else I might try to get this VCR taping correctly? I just get bluescreen on the recorded TV show, unless I press FF, then I get a picture.

I'm ready to scream.
Any help on this?
Thanks!

Comments (3)