SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweettart_gw

Questions about memory card for SE270D

SweetTart
17 years ago

Hi! I just bought a Brother SE270D at Wal Mart this weekend. Haven't even opened the box, because I wanted to research and make sure this is what I want first--- it was too cheap to pass up at $217... So far, it sounds good-- really high ratings from most everyone for ease of use, etc. After reading lots of websites, I'm realizing that I'm going to need stuff like stabilizers, thread, needles, etc. I figure that I can just buy few things at at time until I get a supply built up.

My main question right now is concerning aquiring extra patterns. I know that I will definitely want to have access to more than the machine comes with. I think that, at least for now, I would be content with using the free patterns that are available online-- digitizing isn't something I would probably need to do any time in the near future.

It seems that PED Basic would be the least expensive option for what I want to do right now...? Is there any other way to get new patterns onto my machine? Also, is the memory card proprietary? I'm assuming that the card is not a typical sd or compact flash card? (too bad...)

If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear from you! I bought the machine on an impulse... had been thinking I would enjoy having an embroidery machine, but hadn't checked into them yet, and then when I saw the one on clearance, I decided to grab it... (Wal Mart has a great return policy..)

Thanks in advance for your help! :-)

Comments (14)

Sponsored