SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

(OT Survey for DD) Clowns: Love Them or Hate Them?

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

My sweet daughter asked me to post this OT survey. This is just a topic she and her classmates have been discussing at school, for some reason. The class feels that "Clowns", including real ones you encounter at circuses, parties, etc., as dolls, or as seen in art of any kind, seem to be to evoke either a strong love or hate/dislike response in most people.

QUESTION:

Specifically, do you have a strong, lifelong love of clowns? A strong hate, dislike or fear of clowns? Or, are they not something you feel strongly about one way or the other?

Thanks for any and all responses. All results will be tallied for DD to take to school on Monday.

Lynn

My answer: I have had a strong, life-long dislike of clowns of any kind. Funny, because both my mother and her father (both whom I adore) love clowns. My father has no strong feelings one way or the other so I have no known reason for this strong feeling of mine. And, as much as I've tried not to pass along this to my kids by overreacting or talking about it, my DD (almost 18 y/o now) also has a very strong dislike of clowns. I sometimes wonder if this is a heredity thing.

Lynn

Comments (42)