SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
persnicketydesign

Our Almost Finished $64 PSF House w/ Pics!!!

persnicketydesign
15 years ago

Hi all! Since I posted on the "How Are You Tracking Your Costs" and "Can You Build For $65 PSF" threads I've had lots of emails from people wanting to know how we did it, so I thought I'd start a thread to keep all the info in one place.

First the basics...the house is 4240 HSF with 6380 SF under roof on just under 2 acres. We have 4 bedrooms downstairs and 4 1/2 baths (1 up) with another bedroom optional upstairs. I'll be using this area as my sewing/office area for now. There is also a game room upstairs for the kids.

We have a 3 car attatched garage with insulated CHI carriage style doors. We also poured a pad for a future 30 X 30 shop for DH who restores muscle cars for fun. :o)

The house is on a crawlspace with BluWood for framing, engineered floor joists, Typar housewrap, Nichiha siding, Simonton windows, a Portobello front door, and Jeld-Wen for the rest of the doors. The shingles are architectural from GAF/Elk. There are 110 LF of gutters with 10 downspouts and French drains that run behind the doggy yard. The front and side porches are flagstone and the screened porch has concrete floors. There's one deck off the sunroom.

We have 3 heat pumps...4 ton, 2 ton, and 1 1/2 tons. We used the pink stuff for insulation and incorporated "Quiet Zone" for some rooms too. The interior doors are solid.

We used Pex for the plumbing and have a single 80 gallon water heater with a recirculating pump.

The floors are solid 3/4" maple in a 4" width that were site finished with a 50/50 mix of Early American stain & poly. They were then followed by 3 additional coats of poly. The baths, mudroom, and laundry room all have tile. The carpet in the bedrooms is "Walking on Clouds" by Shaw Industries with a 10 lb moisture pad underneath. Feels great!

The maple cabinets were custom made by a local shop. They were painted with SW Duration paint in Alabaster. The MB cabinets are also maple and were done in a custom mix stain color.

The faucets are all Moen except for the two in the kitchen which are Price Pfister (Marielle). All toilets are Cadet 3s by American Standard.

Most of the ceiling fans are by Ellington, but there are a few Hunter and Hampton Bay thrown in. We have a total of 10.

The counters in the kitchen are Uba Tuba granite with an Ogee edge. The laundry room counter is laminate and the baths all have cultured marble.

The fridge is a 48" GE Monogram, double ovens are GE Profile, dishwasher is GE with smart dispense (holds a whole bottle of detergent!), the cooktop is a 5 burner gas-through-glass by Frigidaire/Electrolux, and the hood vent is an Inca Pro. The fridge and dishwasher have custom panels so that they will match the rest of the cabinetry. They're finished, but haven't been installed yet.

We're still not finished, but sold our other house faster than we expected and had to move in here with lots of projects still to finish. The painters still have to come back, so there's blue tape all over and hardly anything on the walls. I can't put any rugs down yet and am using the old furniture until we're finished. I'm an admitted fabric junkie and stare every day at the bolts of fabric waiting for me to make them into window treatments, dust ruffles, and pillows. My sewing machines miss me. *deep sigh* BUT.... we're and it feels FABULOUS!!!

I'm happy to answer any questions that anyone has, so ask away!

Comments (76)