SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adellabedella_usa

I saw a really neat santa wreath

Adella Bedella
17 years ago

at the Goodwill store today. It was expensive looking and I guess the Goodwill people thought so too because they had $60 on it. I stood there and looked at it for a couple of minutes. I didn't check to see what the actual wreath form was. I'll try to describe the rest of the wreath.

I'll divide the wreath into eigths to try and describe it better. On the middle of the left half there was a molded Santa face that was 1/8 the size of the wreath.

From the top of his head to almost the middle right half of the wreath, a rich red velvet was loosely sewn around the wreath with extra wrinkles and scrunch. This was the hat.

From the bottom of the face to almost the hat, there was a not quite yarn, but not quite a mop type rope sort of swagged around the wreath. There were a few braided pieces tucked in draped down.

I can't remember if anything was used for the ball on the cap or the white band above Santa's face. The more elaborate type pearlized balls and spindle type ornaments were used to fill in those places and were also stratigically placed elsewhere on the wreath.

I wish I had a picture. I did a Google image search and couldn't find anything similar.

Comments (5)