SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
appliance_researcher

Amana bottom-freezer fridge & US appliances?

Hello!

I have posted in the laundry blog many times before but this is my first time posting here. I am thinking about getting my grandmother a new fridge for Christmas to replace the ancient 35-40 yr. old Whirlpool fridge she has now, which is falling apart at the seams!

Below is a link to the Amana model I was thinking of getting her. Does anyone know about this model? Is is made by Whirlpool? And if anyone owns one, what do they think of it? I took measurements on the space in which it will go and it will fit according. to those measurements. It is also an energy star model which appealed to me as well an will also appeal to my grandmother's electric bill!

Also, I am not sure Lowe's sells Amana appliances. I really do not want to buy at Sears or Home Depot b/c of very bad past experiences with them in terms of buying appliances. So if Lowe's did not work out, I was thinking online at US Appliances. They seem to have a good reputation. The only thing they do not seem to offer is haul away of the old appliance, but I could live with that. Think this is a good plan? Did I leave any other details out? Thanks in advance!!

Kevin :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Amana bottom-freezer fridge at US Appliance

Comments (4)