SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hnfrisk_gw

Time to choose windows

hnfrisk
12 years ago

Hi - I'm new here but have been lurking for awhile and decided it was time to join now that they broke ground and it's time to start making decisions. We live in New York but are building out in Montana which is a challenge in itself being so far away.

It's time for our first decision - windows and I'm already confused and stressed. I don't know how I'll survive all this!

We have 27 windows, mostly double hung but a couple sliders and awning.

We got quotes from Sierra Pacific - $13,000. Aluminum clad exterior, wood interior. Triple coat low E glass, can't remember what screen.

Weathershield was 16,000 but I really didn't like how they have the two mohair like strips showing in the interior of windows showing so I think they are out.

Anderson 400 woodwright was 19,500. Smart sun low E glass and insect screen.

Wanted to get Marvin quotes but haven't been able to yet. One person told me that out in Montana they would be even more expensive because you can't get them direct. They have to order them from someone who in turn then orders them so you have extra middlemen. I like the idea of the fiberglass on the integrity though.

I liked the Sierra pacific rep. He was extremely helpful but being out on the east coast I have no way of seeing them in person which is scary. I liked the Anderson when I saw them but how do I know if they are $6,000 better and are worth us going way over our window budget?

Does anyone have any input on these? Am I missing anything on what I should be looking between these. Should I push for a Marvin quote?

Ugh! I'm so confused! Any help, insight, or information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (21)