SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

What kind of crafting do you do?

sweets98
17 years ago

Just curious about what others like to do :)

I started out painting. I mostly just painted items that we already had other colors. Then I started to paint on just about anything I could get my hands on. I love making signs... Anything Prim country. Painting is still my fav. I love going to the TS, getting junk and making a treasure out of it!

I picked up crocheting about three years ago. I mostly like to crochet in the winter months. The cold inspires me! I got in the mood for crocheting about a month ago and did some sweaters for our puppy, small tote for DD, a hat for DD and finished up a beautiful baby afghan that I plan to give to a friend this weekend.

I also like to sew. I'm not an expert by any means. I seem to learn more as I go. I have my yo-yo quilt that I was working on and have about 800 yo-yo's on...that's all hand-sewn. I also like to get the sewing machine out and play around. This past week I did a few candle mats, table runners and bowl fillers. (I have a few other things I want to work on but the dang sewing machine needle broke and I have to wait until I get to Wal-Mart this weekend).

This past spring, I started doing some embroidery work. I mostly only do the primitive stitcheries and I make up my own patterns.

So that's about it...for now! LOL

What do you like to do?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida