SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nepool

Kids bath: Window or Extra foot in bedroom?

nepool
10 years ago

I'm struggling with a decision. My architect is working on my plans and I really like the kids' wing he's laid out (I'm building a split bedroom single story). The kids bath is between the 2 rooms and is currently 6ft wide by 12 ft long (good sized) with the 5ft bath, toilet, and vanity all lined up against the long wall- and a window next to the bath.

The other way he can set it up is as a 5ft wide by 12ft long bath, with the 5ft tub along the back wall (taking up the entire width of the back wall) with more space for the toilet, vanity, and even a linen along the 12 ft wall. But no window (I don't want the window inside the bath tub).

My daughters room with 6 ft wide bath would be 12 ft. x 11ft 1", with the 5ft wide bath (and no window) it would be 12 ft by 12ft 1".

Help me decide. On the one hand, the kids don't really care so much about the window, and it would be the only room in the house with no window. The extra foot would help in that bedroom for furniture placement and I can always do a solotube? On the other hand I really didn't want any windowless rooms in the house and it seems silly to loose it over a foot. I don't really want to add another foot onto the entire wing (I'm maxed out on sq.ft at 2610.) Does everyone have windows in their baths? If you don't have one, do you regret it?

Comments (14)