SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

Garage door brands? Garaga?

mamabirrd
15 years ago

Hello all,

I haven't posted here in a long time. We are still working on our home and are coming to our first subcontractor project. We have done all the work ourselves so far but would like to start moving things along a little quicker so we can move in.

We are ready to have installed 5 garage doors and i've had quotes from several local installers.

Overhead Door came out first. I wasn't totally impressed, but haven't wrote them off yet.

Then Crosby Garage Doors in Greensburg, PA came and gave a quote on Garaga doors and openers. They seem really nice, but I haven't been able to find too many reviews on the web. I'd love to hear from folks that have experience with them.

And finally, another local guy came and quoted CHI doors. I have them on my current home and shed. The doors on the house have been fine, but they don't seem real weathertight. The fancy, expensive CHI that I got for my shed/greenhouse was steel but had a wood look finish. I have been very disappointed with it as the finish looks a mess and it's been squeaky since installed. But the brochures I was left with for new CHI's look nice. I'm just afraid they might not be the best quality.

My Dad keeps telling me about Wayne Dalton, but i've read some not so good things about those.

I'd love to see pictures of your doors and any info. that you'd like to share.

So far I am really leaning toward the carriage house style doors w/ hardware.

Thanks so much!

Comments (7)