SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattico_gw

Fleece Pillowcase for the grandkids

pattico_gw
19 years ago

I found this in a fleece magazine....

Warm And Snugly Pillowcase

Materials: makes one for standard or queen 7/8 of a yard and 1/4 yard contrast Cut (1) 28x41 inch piece fleece for body of pillow and (1) 9"x41" for contrast band. DIRECTIONS: 3/8 seam allowance 1\. Wrong sides together and raw edges matching, fold band lengthwise. 2.Right sides together, stitch band to one 41" side of fleece. Serge or clean finish raw edges. 3.Right sides together, fold piece from step 2 to measure 32 1/2x20 1/2. 4.Stitch ong seam then short seam. Serge or clean finish raw edges. Turn. It says this is a 1 hour project...but I can't see it would take that long... I know my grandkids would love a soft snugly pillowcase...So I am going to make them each one for Christmas. I think my dog Maggie might even like one on "her" pillow...lol Also..this book has some tips... How to tell right side of fleece fabric. Gently stretch the fleece along the cut edge that has the greatest degree of stretch (crossgrain). The fleece will roll or curl to the wrong side. Pre\-washing is not necessary with fleece. When laundering outerwear fleece, best results are achieved with the use of powdered detergent. Since fleece is a by product of plastics, liquid detergent does not remove the dirt, but simply coats the fibers. Enjoy patti

Comment (1)