SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
savvy_n_tenacious

Review: Kitchenaid CD Fridge From Plessers.com

Savvy.n.Tenacious
10 years ago

Hello All,

First time poster, loooooong time lurker here at GW. Thanks to all who've contributed info regarding refrigerators, other appliances, and ordering said items from online retailers. As a show of appreciation, I thought I would share my experience (in real time) with Plessers.com, their shipping company A&M Trucking, and the fridge (Kitchenaid KFCS22EVWH).

We need a new fridge because we need more capacity, convenience and because the trouble-free 19 year old Kenmore, while still going strong, has always been MAC truck noisy and is getting worse. So, we finally gave in to ordering a larger fridge at the best price we could find (under $2000). We HAD to order a CD fridge as the architect of these little houses screwed the home owners with a restricted space. Any fridge deeper than 18 cu ft standard, will block the kitchen entrance and hit the opposing countertop with the doors.

I found that Plessers.com had the lowest price (inc. rebates that I havent filed yet) on the KA KFCS22EV. After much research here and elsewhere, I wasnt willing to go with any other brand due to the new reliability issues inherent in most appliances these days. So, I placed my order over the phone with Gene Coughlin (Plessers Internet Sales Mgr.) on 12/02/13 after he confirmed via email that the 2 rebates for $150 would apply to my order. I was a little worried about this as I needed to order over the phone to bypass the Kitchenaid delivery restrictions to California from NY (thanks GWber's for this tip).

I asked Gene how long it would take and if the fridge had to come from Whirlpool to NY and then to CA. He said Plessers had a bunch in their warehouse and to allow 2 wks for A&M Trucking to get it to our doorstep. Email shipping confirmation from Plessers came on 12/10/13 and said that "A&M would call in the next few days to setup a delivery date/time." When I didnt hear from A&M, 3 days later, on Friday, I called them. The CA branch could not tell me where the truck was and told me to wait till Monday, when they would call to setup a delivery for this Wed-Fri.

Today is Monday @5:16 pm. I have yet to hear from A&M, despite leaving a message earlier for Gene to get these people on the ball. Soooooooo, now I will email a link to this review, to Gene, in the hopes that he will get A&M to communicate with me. I will also try calling today or tomorrow.

I know A&M has an "F" rating with the BBB, so I am leery that things will go smoothly. I already warned Gene to warn them that I will refuse the fridge and note this on the bill of lading if there is ANY damage. But I will also tip these guys if they do a great job.

I will keep this thread updated as things progress and will also review the fridge itself. We have NO intention of hooking up the ice/water dispensers as we need neither and dont want to invite trouble.

Cheers,

~Savvy

Comments (6)