SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foosabear

Kitchenaid dishwasher owners- drying question?

foosabear
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the drying in your kitchenaid dishwasher. What I wanted to know is if you wash plastics, are they dry as soon as the load is done? Or do you find them dry after the load has sat for a few hours?

The reason I'm asking is we just ran our first load in our new KUDE70FXSS model. It's supposed to have an enhanced drying feature with an added fan to circulate the air during the heated dry. The plastics were pretty wet when I opened the D/W right after the load was done. I chose the "normal wash" setting and also the "hi temp wash" setting. I ran the water at the faucet until it was hot.

I used regular jet dry rinse aid, and have the rinse agent setting on #2. I used a finish quantum pack for detergent. I have hard water, 14 grains, but its softened to 0 grains with our water softener. I do suspect there is "something" else in our water that our softener doesn't remove though, maybe silica? We still get a lot of spots on our fixtures, we are going to get our water tested to see what the substance is but just haven't done it yet. The dishes did not have spots on them though.

I was using the jet dry Turbo dry rinse aid in our previous dishwasher, it worked pretty well but had a very chemical smell. I was trying to avoid using it, but I went ahead and filled up the dispenser to "full" with it since I had only filled the rinse aid to 1/4 full originally. I changed the setting to #4 and will see how it goes with the next load.

The good news is the dishes are actually clean! LOL.

If anyone has any suggestions, or info to share I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! :o)

Comments (12)